Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-04-2018, 01:07 PM   #1
eeeink
Banned
eeeink doesn't littereeeink doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Forma
MobileOutfitters Clear Coat (or Fusion?) for Max 2

Has anyone visited a mall kiosk to have the Mobile Outfitters Clear Coat or Fusion plastic put over their Max 2?

https://www.moutfitters.com

I'm considering making the trek to another city (about 2 hours away) because it's the closest mobile outfitters. Hoping someone else has done this to their device so I can see the result.
eeeink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 01:45 PM   #2
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeeink View Post
Has anyone visited a mall kiosk to have the Mobile Outfitters Clear Coat or Fusion plastic put over their Max 2?
Apart from Leojab?

The "Fusion" product is not matte, to the best of my understanding.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 01:42 AM   #3
leojab
leojab began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
You are right, mdp. I installed the matte finish of "Mobile Outfitters" or Clear Coat screen protector after messing up Onyx screen protector. It is way better now
We measured the screen size and custom fit it.
leojab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 02:12 PM   #4
eeeink
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leojab View Post
You are right, mdp. I installed the matte finish of "Mobile Outfitters" or Clear Coat screen protector after messing up Onyx screen protector. It is way better now
We measured the screen size and custom fit it.

Would you be inclined to share some photos of this protector on your onyx device? How much did it cost?

Edit: I just opened the box of my new Max2 and realized it came with a screen protector. We'll see how this goes -- I'm not very good at putting these on.

Last edited by eeeink; 08-05-2018 at 02:40 PM.
Old 08-05-2018, 03:07 PM   #5
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Would you be inclined to share some photos of this protector on your onyx device?
(Hey eeeink... Pssst... Sorry dude... He already did... Is it possible you have not searched?)

Sorry, a proper form for hinting is hard to find.
Old 08-05-2018, 03:21 PM   #6
eeeink
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
(Hey eeeink... Pssst... Sorry dude... He already did... Is it possible you have not searched?)

Sorry, a proper form for hinting is hard to find.
I searched, but unfortunately I get an error when I select this photo:

https://ibb.co/ffM6Bd

Odd, since it's only a month old. Judging by the reviews on that thread, it's pretty good though.
Old 08-08-2018, 03:09 AM   #7
mdp
Wizard

Quote:
I searched, but unfortunately I get an error when I select this photo
Oh well, in that case, here is a cropped copy of Leojab's posted one.
Note the corners. They must be manually cut if the exact shape (Brand/Model) is not in the database.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180705_173422_crop.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	972.8 KB
ID:	165489  
Old 08-08-2018, 12:21 PM   #8
eeeink
Banned

Thanks, mdp, for the image. @leojab -- how much did it cost to have the custom one made?
Old 08-08-2018, 12:32 PM   #9
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
what was the price of the protector from mo?
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote