Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-08-2018, 11:25 AM   #1
CJHusVar
CJHusVar began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tab
Book path export

Is it possible to include the path for a book in the data export to CSV?
CJHusVar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 03:34 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
If you mean in the Create catalogue feature, it reuses the last location you selected - for me that's the This PC->Desktop

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2018, 11:04 AM   #3
CJHusVar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
If you mean in the Create catalogue feature, it reuses the last location you selected - for me that's the This PC->Desktop

BR
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I was looking for the path to the individual books as a column when I export to CSV.

After some digging, I found the function to use as a template in a custom column.

{:'formats_paths()'}

And voila!! They appeared.
Old 11-13-2018, 11:35 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJHusVar View Post
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I was looking for the path to the individual books as a column when I export to CSV.

After some digging, I found the function to use as a template in a custom column.

{:'formats_paths()'}

And voila!! They appeared.
Be very cautious messing under the skirts (assumes reason for needing path)

The generic path formula is: Authors / Title (ID) / <all formats, cover, metadata.opf>
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 04:42 PM   #5
CJHusVar

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Be very cautious messing under the skirts (assumes reason for needing path)

The generic path formula is: Authors / Title (ID) / <all formats, cover, metadata.opf>
AFAIK, using the function I quoted doesn't actually modify any data. It simply reads the metadata that already exists and outputs it to a custom column.

I'm using the path data as part of a CSV I export, then import into another cataloging application so I can get a single-pane view of all my books, both electronic and physical.
Advert
Old 11-14-2018, 01:38 AM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@CSHusVar - FWIW many calibre users catalogue their physical books in calibre alongside their digital books. Usually differentiated into virtual libraries in some way - e.g. #book_type 'digital', 'paper', 'audio', 'missing' etc.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 11:25 AM   #7
CJHusVar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@CSHusVar - FWIW many calibre users catalogue their physical books in calibre alongside their digital books. Usually differentiated into virtual libraries in some way - e.g. #book_type 'digital', 'paper', 'audio', 'missing' etc.

BR
Right now I'm using Readerware to catalog my physical books. I've found that it's easier to export the data from Calibre and import them into Readerware. Going the other way doesn't allow for the import of metadata already present in Readerware. At least as far as I know...
Old 11-14-2018, 12:32 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJHusVar View Post
Right now I'm using Readerware to catalog my physical books. I've found that it's easier to export the data from Calibre and import them into Readerware. Going the other way doesn't allow for the import of metadata already present in Readerware. At least as far as I know...
Import List Plugin. You will probably have to craft your own (mapping) template, but it is designed to allow that.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote