Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-07-2015, 01:17 PM   #1
jreed3000
jreed3000 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Download library books

Is it possible to download library books directly to the Kobo Aura or is it necessary to use Digital Editions? Thanks.
jreed3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 01:29 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Nope; not possible to download directly. You need to download to ADE, and then transfer to your ADE authorized device.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2015, 11:25 AM   #3
jreed3000
jreed3000 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
That's what I thought. Thanks.
jreed3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 04:01 AM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreed3000 View Post
That's what I thought. Thanks.
This is a situation where the Sony Readers shine.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 08:40 AM   #5
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
This is a situation where the Sony Readers shine.
shone would be more accurate as they don't make them any more

actually, though it was technically possible to interface directly with a library, I found that doing do on a small, slow, black and white e-ink screen was incredibly difficult, as the overdrive interface is not small screen friendly; and I always reverted to taking the longer route via PC & ADE & Calibre
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2015, 05:28 AM   #6
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
shone would be more accurate as they don't make them any more

actually, though it was technically possible to interface directly with a library, I found that doing do on a small, slow, black and white e-ink screen was incredibly difficult, as the overdrive interface is not small screen friendly; and I always reverted to taking the longer route via PC & ADE & Calibre
They didn't make the PRS-T2 when I bought mine either ... but it still shines. ADE is a bit more problematic for me since I use Linux. So it's worth the "small, slow" e-ink screen route for me -- and I just like the fact that it can be done, even if I don't use it much. I mostly use Kindles for library books.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 05:33 AM   #7
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
a hybrid approach (for Sony) was to browse your overdrive library on PC ,up to the point that your chosen books have been checked out, ready for download; then connect with reader browser , go directly to "bookshelf" & download them. this bypasses ade.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote