Notices

Old 01-11-2018, 08:08 PM   #196
tropicallie
tropicallie began at the beginning.

Device: Sony600,650,350 T1,NookSTR,GL3,S2TAB,Kobo Mini,KinVoyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calenorn View Post
All my books and shelves are intact.
Mine are too including the ADE loaded library books.
tropicallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:18 PM   #197
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I have the most recent beta installed and it's also 48.3.20/4.8.3.12. I just used the Nook to check for a firmware update and it says I have the latest firmware. So my guess is they've just released that beta as is. They probably would have a later version number if they'd made any changes.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:05 PM   #198
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
I have the most recent beta installed and it's also 48.3.20/4.8.3.12. I just used the Nook to check for a firmware update and it says I have the latest firmware. So my guess is they've just released that beta as is. They probably would have a later version number if they'd made any changes.

Barry
Same here. No update for me as I'm already running 4.8.3.12. I'm glad they actually did it.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:18 AM   #199
tiltowait
Zealot
tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.tiltowait considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Updated, and as Calenorn said, my books are still there, which is nice.

Even nicer, though, is the page-break bug I reported is fixed!
tiltowait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:57 AM   #200
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicallie View Post
At about 0130 this AM, my nook shut off while I was reading. I thought "uh-oh". It rebooted on its own with the message that my nook had been updated!
I now have version 48.3.20/4.8.3.12. And NO partitioning. I did not download the beta prior to this. The dictionary and chapter headings are still lighter. (Sorry Barry).
The also now show 6.5 GBs for Store and side-loaded content on their specs, at the website, for the GlowLight 3. No more portioning.

One of my Nook Simple Touches (the one I bought from Shop Goodwill and replaced its battery to get it to work) has now updated to 1.2.2. It's been at 1.2.1 since (at least) 2012 I believe. I have no idea what the purpose of the update was. I was hoping maybe they had gotten rid of the partition scheme on it as well, but no such luck.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:40 AM   #201
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
The also now show 6.5 GBs for Store and side-loaded content on their specs, at the website, for the GlowLight 3. No more portioning.

One of my Nook Simple Touches (the one I bought from Shop Goodwill and replaced its battery to get it to work) has now updated to 1.2.2. It's been at 1.2.1 since (at least) 2012 I believe. I have no idea what the purpose of the update was. I was hoping maybe they had gotten rid of the partition scheme on it as well, but no such luck.
For me, partitioning on the ST was no biggie, since they had SD card slots. I've never used the main memory on the ST for anything.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:51 PM   #202
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
For me, partitioning on the ST was no biggie, since they had SD card slots. I've never used the main memory on the ST for anything.
That's true. I've never had a SD card in my NSTs, so obviously it's not really a problem for me. Still, I wonder what the 1.2.2 update is all about.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:12 PM   #203
billsfan2
Enthusiast
billsfan2 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Nook Tablet, Nook HD+, Kindle PW 2015, Glowlight 3
Maybe we should start a new thread with requested improvements for a future update? Beyond the need for easier to read links and Table of Contents list, the font size when clicking Read More in the store when reading the description of a book is really tiny, smaller than the font on the prior page where the description starts. Where's my magnifying glass, lol?
billsfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:04 PM   #204
hank
Dinosaur
hank began at the beginning.

Device: Clie TH55, SJ30, VisorEdge, Palm3xe
> new thread with requested improvements ...

I applaud the idea, hoping someone from BN is assigned to look for such.

--------
I got the OS update yesterday, and have the merged single partition.
NO warning of the update, no option to put it off or finish what I was reading.
Just BLINK BLINK UPDATING.

Rude. Better than not getting it of course.
hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 10:31 AM   #205
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I just checked my nook and it auto updated to the partition update.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 10:32 AM   #206
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hank View Post
> new thread with requested improvements ...

I applaud the idea, hoping someone from BN is assigned to look for such.

--------
I got the OS update yesterday, and have the merged single partition.
NO warning of the update, no option to put it off or finish what I was reading.
Just BLINK BLINK UPDATING.

Rude. Better than not getting it of course.

Thats odd. It usually waits till the Nook is in sleep mode
Old 01-15-2018, 10:54 AM   #207
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Hopefully they fixed the eject bug, but probably not.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 12:43 PM   #208
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
Hopefully they fixed the eject bug, but probably not.
From what I read in the thread, the ejecting bug is in Windows, not the Nook.

Last edited by ZodWallop; 01-15-2018 at 12:47 PM.
Old 01-15-2018, 04:06 PM   #209
HLS
Wizard

I do not understand the uproar to begin with over the 1GB partition. 1GB can hold more nooks than one can read in a lifetime
Old 01-15-2018, 04:35 PM   #210
dmevis
Enthusiast
dmevis began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Glowlight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I wasn't sure if the beta 4.8.3 would be the same as the official 4.8.3.
It would be a serious breach of software configuration management to have different versions of the software with the same number.
dmevis is offline   Reply With Quote