Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-28-2010, 09:27 AM   #1
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
iPhone 4 Sales Top 1.7 Million (in 3 days)

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2010/06/28iphone.html

Quote:
Apple® today announced that it has sold over 1.7 million of its iPhone® 4 through Saturday, June 26, just three days after its launch on June 24. The new iPhone 4 features FaceTime®, which makes video calling as easy as one tap, and Apple’s new Retina display, the highest resolution display ever built into a phone, resulting in stunning text, images and video.

“This is the most successful product launch in Apple’s history,” said Steve Jobs, Apple’s CEO. “Even so, we apologize to those customers who were turned away because we did not have enough supply.”
I'm amazed they had that many available the first 3 days (in black only).
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:19 PM   #2
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
well. just think of the allocation they had for AT&T that couldn't get sold because of their rejecting orders. lol.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2010, 03:32 PM   #3
petermillard
Evangelist
petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, K3 & Amazon - between them they cover my needs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
(in black only).
Yes, I know of a few people who are holding out for the white version. I was in an O2 (UK provider) store today having a very quick play with one and in the short time I was there, I counted eight people asking them about availability - not including me!

Don't think they're going to have any problems shifting the next batch either, or the one after that...

Pete
petermillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 06:19 AM   #4
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
As always, the marketplace decides, and clearly the design and functionality of iPhone 4 is giving the people what they want. Ironically, because of how much I use/enjoy my iPad, I am not interested in updating. My old iPhone 3G is basically used as a phone with occasional email duty now.....
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 04:02 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremen Cole View Post
As always, the marketplace decides, and clearly the design and functionality of iPhone 4 is giving the people what they want. Ironically, because of how much I use/enjoy my iPad, I am not interested in updating. My old iPhone 3G is basically used as a phone with occasional email duty now.....
I have both an iPhone 4 and an iPad (and an empty wallet ), and would see them as complimentary rather than competing. The iPhone gives you truly "go anywhere" connectivity, whereas the iPad gives you more convenient web browsing, mail writing, etc, capabilities for when you have time to stop and do something. Eg, I'll read my e-mail on the go with my iPhone, but answer it on the iPad; what's great is that I see the same mailbox with both devices.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert