Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 02-09-2010, 11:07 AM   #1
catherinecondie
Enthusiast
catherinecondie can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'catherinecondie can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'catherinecondie can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'catherinecondie can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'catherinecondie can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'catherinecondie can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'catherinecondie can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'catherinecondie can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'catherinecondie can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'catherinecondie can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'catherinecondie can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: None
Free adventure Whirl of the Wheel hits the Top 100 at Smashwords

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/7707

Hi there - here's a link to my free multi-format e-novel for anyone over the age of 9!

Three children whirl back in time through an enchanted potter’s wheel into the reality of evacuation in 1940s Britain.

Whirl of the Wheel pulls feisty Connie, her brother Charlie-Mouse, and school pest Malcolm into dangers on the homefront and towards a military secret that will save their home from demolition. The children hit trouble when Malcolm fails to return to the present day.

Happy reading!
Best wishes
Catherine
catherinecondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:11 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Catherine.

We have a wonderful writers corner here.....don't miss it.

Enjoy the forums, and don't hesitate to ask questions.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:18 AM   #3
catherinecondie
Enthusiast
catherinecondie can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'catherinecondie can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'catherinecondie can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'catherinecondie can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'catherinecondie can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'catherinecondie can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'catherinecondie can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'catherinecondie can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'catherinecondie can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'catherinecondie can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'catherinecondie can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Welcome to MobileRead, Catherine.

We have a wonderful writers corner here.....don't miss it.

Enjoy the forums, and don't hesitate to ask questions.
Thanks, I'm not sure what I'm doing really! Is this the right place to post your work. Is it too cheeky of me to want to promote my writing?

With best wishes
Catherine
Old 02-09-2010, 11:21 AM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Oops....just realize where we were.

You might want to go here.......its the "introduce me" forum.

Start a new thread.....tell us a little about yourself, and by all means mention your book.

Let us welcome you properly.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:33 AM   #5
catherinecondie
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Oops....just realize where we were.

You might want to go here.......its the "introduce me" forum.

Start a new thread.....tell us a little about yourself, and by all means mention your book.

Let us welcome you properly.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49
Thank you!
Old 02-10-2010, 06:15 AM   #6
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Thnx Catherine, starting to read it, will let you know what i think, oh i love childrens books, i'm only 48 and still growing up !
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:10 PM   #7
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Not far in as yet, been a busy old day, getting myself into trouble, but so far i like the characters, Connie i warmed to instantly, and the wendlewitch, are there more books? is this a series ? ..... back soon ....thnx again
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:43 PM   #8
catherinecondie
Enthusiast

Free young adult ebook launched on Feedbooks

http://www.feedbooks.com/userbook/10356

A recent MobileRead reviewer said . . .

Fantastic, a heart-warming and delightful tale, as difficult to put down as I used to find the Swallows and Amazons books by Arthur Ransome, and certainly one of the best children’s works I’ve read in years!

As I said on the forum, I thought you developed your characters very quickly, and managing to make me care about them, especially Connie, your plot was intriguing and full of surprises, it rolled along at just the right pace, and built to a really fantastic ending.

I hope you will make this a series, and put them in the public domain, before you become the star for one of the big publishing houses and make lots and lots of money for yourself!

As I’m sure you realise, I very much enjoyed reading your book, and I am definitely a Fan, can’t wait to read the next one, whether it’s free or bought.
Old 02-13-2010, 02:44 PM   #9
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, Catherine

We love to have authors join and participate in our forums. Have you found our Writers' Corner yet?

I'll pop on over and say, "Hi", in your introduction thread..

Have fun exploring the forums.

P.S. I also saw your book on smashwords...
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 03:23 PM   #10
catherinecondie
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Welcome to MR, Catherine

We love to have authors join and participate in our forums. Have you found our Writers' Corner yet?

I'll pop on over and say, "Hi", in your introduction thread..

Have fun exploring the forums.

P.S. I also saw your book on smashwords...
Just replied on the introduction thread. Thanks for showing me the Writer's Corner. This is just what I need.
Best wishes
Old 10-17-2010, 12:09 PM   #11
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Not sure why you posted the same blurb four times in a row, but just wanted to pop in and say I tried your book and there were so many formatting errors in the first few chapters that I gave up. There seems to be quite a few places where you meant a certain punctuation symbol perhaps, and it came out as a fraction e.g. 3/4, 1/4. Very distracting. It could very well be a great story, but I did not finish it because of this issue. You may want to download it off Smashwords and give it a look. I'm sure it can be fixed.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 12:30 PM   #12
simonroyle
Addict
simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Hi Catherine,

Viewing it as a .mobi file on a Kindle I see squares. If you need screen captures of these I can take a couple for you. Otherwise I recommend you download the Kindle for PC and take a look.

Following the Smashwords Style Guide usually works. I recommend the "Nuke" option. This strips out all of the nasty (hidden) punctuation stuff that MS put in.

It does look like a great read for the kids, and when you get the formatting issues resolved I'll put it up for you.

Good Luck!
simonroyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 04:07 PM   #13
catherinecondie
Enthusiast

Smile Errors corrected

Hi Ficbot

Thanks very much for your message.

I have been working on the errors, having discovered that the em rule does not copy into multi-format for e-reading.

It has taken me a while but I have found out about a way of inputting these without using the symbol drop-down menu in Word and can now check these on the Kindle for pc programme.

I have been through the book a number of times and believe everything has been ironed out if you felt like having another look?

Apologies too for the repetition of blurb. I was away from the site a while and didn't recap on the guidelines, hence an amalgamation of threads. All clear now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
Not sure why you posted the same blurb four times in a row, but just wanted to pop in and say I tried your book and there were so many formatting errors in the first few chapters that I gave up. There seems to be quite a few places where you meant a certain punctuation symbol perhaps, and it came out as a fraction e.g. 3/4, 1/4. Very distracting. It could very well be a great story, but I did not finish it because of this issue. You may want to download it off Smashwords and give it a look. I'm sure it can be fixed.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:40 AM   #14
catherinecondie
Enthusiast

Now featured at Simon Royle's Indie Books site

Whirl of the Wheel is now featured at

http://www.simon-royle.com/indie-books-authors/

Thank you Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonroyle View Post
Hi Catherine,

Viewing it as a .mobi file on a Kindle I see squares. If you need screen captures of these I can take a couple for you. Otherwise I recommend you download the Kindle for PC and take a look.

Following the Smashwords Style Guide usually works. I recommend the "Nuke" option. This strips out all of the nasty (hidden) punctuation stuff that MS put in.

It does look like a great read for the kids, and when you get the formatting issues resolved I'll put it up for you.

Good Luck!
Old 11-01-2010, 08:53 PM   #15
simonroyle
Addict
simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Pleasure Catherine - and a hat tip to Ficbot for spotting the errors that you "squared away".

A great little example of why this board and its members is a really good place for a writer to be...
simonroyle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, disability, evacuation, second world war, time travel