Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-10-2009, 02:38 PM   #1
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Things that are WAAY overdue

Peace On Earth, Goodwill Toward Men... sure, we all know we've been waiting a long time to see those things happen. But there are other things we've been waiting on, too, that are long overdue to get here and make all our lives easier. So, let's mention a few of those things here.

I'll start off with something I think is waay overdue: A single key-fob or similar device, probably thumbprint-verified or something, that opens every lock I own, from my house, to my car, my luggage, my jewelry box, my P.O. box, my office drawers... and even my electronic locks and coded devices. I'm tired of a pocketful of keys and a bunch of passwords!
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:54 PM   #2
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
something that functions like a social security number that isn't that doesn't leave your life in tatters and shreds when it is compromised.
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2009, 02:57 PM   #3
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Robot monkeys.

Just because.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:07 PM   #4
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
Robot monkeys.

Just because.
When, oh when, will that wonderful day finally arrive?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:07 PM   #5
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
teleportation. duh.
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2009, 03:08 PM   #6
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
My flying car--dammit!

I'm tired of having to not-fly everywhere I go!
ahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:13 PM   #7
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Synthespians, Pleasure-Bots, Downloadable-into-your-brain books/movies, Holidays to Mars, A cure for baldness
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:17 PM   #8
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
Robot monkeys.

Just because.
I was amazed................

Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:18 PM   #9
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Flying cars and moving sidewalks, buildings built up high in the sky on stilts, motorized treadmills for walking the dog, Spacely's Sprockets, food that cooks itself and cleans the kitchen at the touch of a button, plump robot housekeepers, you see where I'm going with this ...
Old 06-10-2009, 03:20 PM   #10
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Flying cars? Did someone say flying cars?

A return to the moon, is my serious answer. FTW?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:21 PM   #11
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Flying cars? Did someone say flying cars?

A return to the moon, is my serious answer. FTW?

I'll see your moon flight and raise you a world-wide clean drinking water.

EDIT: An I want one of Steve's fobs. Preferably implanted into my fingertip, so it would always be ready and never be lost. Except, of course, for the occasional farm combine accident.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:22 PM   #12
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphapheemail View Post
teleportation. duh.
Arff ! As soon as I read Steve's post, I thought about that !

PS : As I'm currently reading/viewing Star Trek, it's not strange ! If you add at this all the time lost in public transports... Now, wait, when I'm in public transports, I read...

Last edited by Idoine; 06-10-2009 at 03:26 PM.
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:23 PM   #13
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Flying cars and moving sidewalks, buildings built up high in the sky on stilts, motorized treadmills for walking the dog, Spacely's Sprockets, food that cooks itself and cleans the kitchen at the touch of a button, plump robot housekeepers, you see where I'm going with this ...
I think they already have the motorized treadmills for walking the dog . . . It's okay, we know you've been away and out of touch.

And they have the moving sidewalks at airport terminals too.

I am looking forward to the instant food preparation box from Star Trek's Enterprise though. If I had that, I'd clean the kitchen myself.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:24 PM   #14
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peverel View Post
I was amazed................
Agreed! Cyborg monkeys are the first step to the glorious future. But I will not be happy until I can visit a robot zoo and watch the robot monkeys flinging their batteries at the viewers!
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:25 PM   #15
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
I am looking forward to the instant food preparation box from Star Trek's Enterprise though. If I had that, I'd clean the kitchen myself.
You know those replicators probably use "previously owned" organic matter, right?

Tags
overdue, things