Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-11-2015, 04:10 PM   #1
fulivi
fulivi began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92
Broken M92 ?

Hi everyone,

I own a M92 that for the last two years gave me a very satisfactory reading experience. But, alas, a couple of days ago when I turned it on the display stayed completely blank (white everywhere). The blue LED beneath the joystick did the usual sequence so I know that the devive turns on and off. Only the display appears to be broken.
Have you ever seen such a thing? Is this another case of broken display substrate? Do you think it's repairable?
I don't think my M92 ever got any relevant shock.. but who knows, maybe the display is more fragile than I thought.

Thanks.

-- F.Ulivi
fulivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 08:32 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Any advice for this member, please?

Thanks.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2015, 01:43 PM   #3
M4H35H
Connoisseur
M4H35H doesn't litterM4H35H doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-950, Hanvon E920, Onyx Boox Note Lite, Boox Max2
Maybe the connection to the screen slipped off. I have seen broken screens. They display lines and stripes.
M4H35H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 04:20 PM   #4
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4H35H View Post
Maybe the connection to the screen slipped off. I have seen broken screens. They display lines and stripes.
Yes, those were my thoughts, as well. Or, some part of the video controller died. Anyway, it doesn't sound like a fractured screen. It's probably worthwhile opening the device up if it's not under warranty anymore, and reseating the ribbon cable to the display if you can get at it.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 11:10 AM   #5
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
You can make a full charge : one night. After, make a hard reset with the button in the back of the M92.

Or, just to know if the device is working as expected :
* turn off;
* wait few minutes:
* turn on;
* wait few minutes;
* take a snapshot : maintain de minus button used fot the volume few seconds:
* connect you device to your computer, wait few seconds - 5 for the M92, but how much for the computer ?
* press the joystick;
* from your computer, go to the "snapshot" directory and try to find a snapshot.

I suppose that if you can find a valid picture, the device is working but only the screen has a problem.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2015, 09:06 AM   #6
fulivi
fulivi began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92
Thanks for your suggestions.

This is what I tried:
* I opened the m92, I disconnected and reconnected the display connector. No change (the display stays blank, the m92 turns on & off normally).
* I tried taking a snapshot and downloading it on the PC: the PC connects correctly, I can see the files & directories inside the M92. No "snapshot" directory but I think this proves the reader is functional (apart from the display of course).

Other ideas? Should I try contacting "http://ereader-store.de" to see if it can be fixed?

Thank you.

-- F.Ulivi
fulivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 06:57 AM   #7
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Yes, contact the vendor. For http://ereader-store.de use the contact form : https://ereader-store.de/en/contact-us.

Good luck.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote