Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-11-2012, 05:56 PM   #1
cptsquid
cptsquid began at the beginning.

Device: sony ereader
Possible to organize ecomics on Calibre?

Sorry if this has been posted before (my search-fu was weak if it was), but can you use calibre to organize ecomics? I've most of my collection in zip (with a few in rar formats and a few as plain jpgs scans in folders). Nothings in cbr/cbz.
Is there a plugin or native capacity to organize or catalog them? Would absolutely love to be able to use calibre for all my reading.
Thanks!
cptsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:18 PM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
CBR is basically RAR and CBZ is basically ZIP. Just change the file extension on your ZIP and RAR comics since Calibre considers files with ZIP and RAR extensions as archived HTML (at least last I tried). ZIP up your JPEG files and again, rename to CBZ. Calibre should have no problems accepting those.

Organization-wise, though, I prefer using a program dedicated for comics rather than Calibre.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2012, 07:00 PM   #3
cptsquid
cptsquid began at the beginning.

Device: sony ereader
Thanks for the reply Ilovejedd. Is there a program you can recommend? I've tried a few and never really liked them. But that may be cause I've got them saved as zips.
cptsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:39 AM   #4
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
I like using ComicRack.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote