Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 03-05-2012, 04:55 PM   #1
mod186k1
Addict
mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad, PRS-T3, Kobo GLO HD, Paperwhite 2, PB Ultra, Ony Boox Max
Lightbulb To solve the bug of Jetbook Color White Chassis - a Home-made solution

Hello guys,
I would like to show You my first attemp to fix the lucid-white case of Jetbook Color.

In this post I'll show you a no-invasive no-permanent solution using a adhesive tape which is used to take note on plain paper. The collum of this tape is so light you can stick and unstick without ruin the paper (like Post-it (r) ).

Over this tape I put an wood-textured adhesive paper.

Whit this technique I am sure the new skin will not ruin the white plastic of JBC and I can remove the new skin easily.

Steps Description

First I drew a new skin on a plain A4 paper:
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0958.JPG
Views:	588
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	83500

Then I stuck the "post-it like" tape on the back of the draw:

Name:	DSCN0959.JPG
Views:	583
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	83501

Finally I stuck the wood-paper on the "post-it like" tape and cut the pieces following the lines drawn on the back side.

Name:	DSCN0960.JPG
Views:	581
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	83502

After I applaied all needed pieces here you are the result:

Name:	DSCN0963.JPG
Views:	951
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	83503

It is improvable but ..... It is my first attemp!
mod186k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:08 PM   #2
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others

I'd reconsider Gelaskins...
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2012, 05:18 PM   #3
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by mod186k1 View Post
Hello guys,
I would like to show You my first attemp to fix the lucid-white case of Jetbook Color.

In this post I'll show you a no-invasive no-permanent solution using a adhesive tape which is used to take note on plain paper. The collum of this tape is so light you can stick and unstick without ruin the paper (like Post-it (r) ).

Over this tape I put an wood-textured adhesive paper.

Whit this technique I am sure the new skin will not ruin the white plastic of JBC and I can remove the new skin easily.

Steps Description

First I drew a new skin on a plain A4 paper:
Attachment 83500

Then I stuck the "post-it like" tape on the back of the draw:
Attachment 83501

Finally I stuck the wood-paper on the "post-it like" tape and cut the pieces following the lines drawn on the back side.
Attachment 83502

After I applaied all needed pieces here you are the result:

Attachment 83503

It is improvable but ..... It is my first attemp!
That looks really good for a 1st attempt. At a glance you'd never know it wasn't purpose made.

Andrew
andyh2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:37 PM   #4
mod186k1
Addict
mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you Andrew even if it's not perfect because is very hard cut&stick the pieces perfectly
Old 03-05-2012, 09:56 PM   #5
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Nice!

I'm sure regular stickers would work as well,as long as you remove them cautiously. The only ones to avoid are the stickers where the glue is stronger than the sticker.

Also keep in mind as you hold the device that sweat may seep into the paper. It might make the paper weaker and/or decolor the sticker over time.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2012, 04:11 AM   #6
mod186k1
Addict

Yes, but the skin is plastic not paper. I incorrectly called it "wood-paper" but it made in plastic
Old 03-06-2012, 04:12 AM   #7
mod186k1
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzoens View Post

I'd reconsider Gelaskins...
Why not? I'll consider even your suggestion.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:26 AM   #8
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
Mine was a joke, what matters is result. No reflections is better than eye-catching.

It's just that this solution does not meet my taste, and seems to me that this kind of adhesive paper would not last when you hold the reader in your hands.

Also, if you leave it in place for long time, you may have troubles removing the glue traces completely.

In the meanwhile, I suggest you buy one of these: http://www.ultimabooks.it/dr1000-luxury-cover-black

It fits my entourage edge and Kindle dxg, it'll fit jbc too. High quality one.
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:54 AM   #9
mod186k1
Addict

I've thought about it too. But I'm terrified of breaking the triton screen so I will leave JBC in its cover. And Second I planned to replace the skin after some year.
Finally I Experimented in the past that "post-it like" tape on a paper (when I attended the university) and I had no trouble at all in realsing it. I hope JBC plastic is as good as paper

The tape is like this:
http://www.ufficio.com/p/cancelleria...enziatore.html
it is used to highlight things on papaer

Last edited by mod186k1; 03-06-2012 at 05:10 AM.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:54 PM   #10
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Decoloration you'll get nomatter what, only good quality plastic does not decolor over time.
usually stickers and even the white plastic of the JBC will decolor.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jetbook color jbc skin