Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 09-16-2011, 04:02 AM   #1
Pameliasue
Pameliasue knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pameliasue knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pameliasue knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pameliasue knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pameliasue knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pameliasue knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pameliasue knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pameliasue knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pameliasue knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pameliasue knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pameliasue knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-950, Kindle Paperwhite 3
Do YOu own a Nook Color, a PRS-950, and a Oberon Cover??

I have a question for all you owners of multiple ereaders... I own a Sony PRS-950 and there are NO options out there for covers. When I looked at the size comparison for other brand ereaders the Nook Color is really, really close. Does anyone own both of these devices AND an Oberon cover for their Nook Color? Will the Sony PRS-950 fit in it???
Pameliasue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:27 AM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
If you look in the Sony sub-forum you'll find that folks have used a Kindle 2 Oberon cover and a NOOKcolor Oberon cover with success. The official word from Oberon is to use the Kindle 2 cover.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2011, 11:57 AM   #3
anabolina
Groupie
anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current: tablet, kindle paperwhite, onyx boox t68. Past: Sony, nook
I have a Nook Color and a 950 and can use the NC case that came with my reader with the 950 mostly. If it didn't use plastic things to hold the NC, it would be perfect. Alas, it is not an Oberon cover though. The NC and 950 are REALLY close to the same size. I was surprised when I came home with the NC and sized them up against each other. I mean, I know they are both 7 inch devices, but I didn't think they would be so close to the same size.
anabolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 04:42 PM   #4
EbokJunkie
Addict
EbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook Touch, Sony 950, 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pameliasue View Post
I have a question for all you owners of multiple ereaders... I own a Sony PRS-950 and there are NO options out there for covers. When I looked at the size comparison for other brand ereaders the Nook Color is really, really close. Does anyone own both of these devices AND an Oberon cover for their Nook Color? Will the Sony PRS-950 fit in it???
Check this site for 950 cover.
EbokJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:14 PM   #5
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Also be aware that an Oberon cover for the original Nook WiFi will fit the 950. It is actually a quite good fit, though a tiny bit snug (not bad) getting the device in and out. The straps fall in nice places for use. However, there is a little less leather edge to break falls, should you drop the device and have it land on an edge. So I bought a K2 cover for mine, since I was still using the Nook.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert