Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-14-2016, 11:36 AM   #31
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Odd indeed. Amazon keeps pushing their devices as gateways into its vast content empire but then cripples them by not allowing access to certain features. Kinda boggles the mind.
Not so strange if you remember Amazon is an empire and each kingdom is fairly independent. The gadgets come from Lab126, ebooks from Kindle, and audiobooks from Audible or Brilliance. If Audible doesn't want to support Lab126 they don't necessarily have to unless enough customers complain. Or Bezos tells them to. They control their own software development according to their priorities.

But I think they will add Channel support to their FIRE app. Eventually.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 12:14 PM   #32
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Gotta wonder if the Channels will eventually roll out to the Echo world. They've rolled out some features verrrry slowly. When no one's home I love to be able to be headphone free and listen to either Audible to TTS as I'm doing things around the house.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 12:29 PM   #33
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
Gotta wonder if the Channels will eventually roll out to the Echo world. They've rolled out some features verrrry slowly. When no one's home I love to be able to be headphone free and listen to either Audible to TTS as I'm doing things around the house.
I suspect it'll eventually get rolled out to Fire (Fire, Phone, Fire TV) and Alexa (Echo, Dot, Tap) devices, but when, who knows.

Right now the Echo can play Audible and Kindle Books. With a workaround, you can get the Echo to play the audiobooks in the Prime Exclusive content of Channels.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 12:43 PM   #34
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

These threads have started confuzzling me. After reading your comment about this earlier elsewhere I tried this out and have been cleaning the house to a selection I started on my phone, then to the Echo and now through a Bluetooth speaker connected to the Dot (different floors of the house).

Now the question is, do I need another Dot?

from my Galaxy S6
Old 09-14-2016, 12:47 PM   #35
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
These threads have started confuzzling me. After reading your comment about this earlier elsewhere I tried this out and have been cleaning the house to a selection I started on my phone, then to the Echo and now through a Bluetooth speaker connected to the Dot (different floors of the house).

Now the question is, do I need another Dot?

from my Galaxy S6

The Jeff wants you to get a six pack
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 12:54 PM   #36
copyrite
Wizard

The weird thing is the Echo app says I was listening to Alice in Wonderland, not Ender's Game.

from my Galaxy S6