Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-28-2008, 03:18 PM   #1
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Possibly one of the most ignorant people ever ...

I ran across this on Failblog .... and apparently this person is for real. Even in my wildest fantasies, I never imagined a person as dim as this idiot.

This is his/her theory on the real causes of earthquakes.

"Al Gore and the likes still have not realized the obvious about the earthquakes in Southern California. Their scientific observations should recognize that when you have that many people living on the edge of a land mass that said land mass is going to crack and fall into the ocean. Hence the earthquakes that happen in that region. You would think these master scientists could figure that one out!"

Now .... I'm just curious as to why so many earthquakes happen in Afganistan?? Did someone forget to draw the bordering ocean in on the map??

RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 03:57 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
I ran across this on Failblog .... and apparently this person is for real. Even in my wildest fantasies, I never imagined a person as dim as this idiot.

This is his/her theory on the real causes of earthquakes.

"Al Gore and the likes still have not realized the obvious about the earthquakes in Southern California. Their scientific observations should recognize that when you have that many people living on the edge of a land mass that said land mass is going to crack and fall into the ocean. Hence the earthquakes that happen in that region. You would think these master scientists could figure that one out!"

Now .... I'm just curious as to why so many earthquakes happen in Afganistan?? Did someone forget to draw the bordering ocean in on the map??

desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2008, 04:01 PM   #3
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
I thought that everybody knew that it's because the world used to be flat and then they bent it to make it round. Afghanistan is where they tied the knot.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 04:02 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
So why is is that Massachusetts does not have this "fault"?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 04:34 PM   #5
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The bods at MIT came up with something to stop it happening...
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2008, 05:04 PM   #6
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Because the East Coast is obviously anchored to Europe, where they don't have that problem.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 05:48 PM   #7
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
I thought that everybody knew that it's because the world used to be flat and then they bent it to make it round. Afghanistan is where they tied the knot.
Good Grief! That's as bad as the original misconception. Everyone actually knows that earthquakes are when the earth shudders after a really good tickling. Which is why it is such a risk in California. They like tickling the earth there.

Quote:
When was the last time massachusettians (what is the correct term?) were caught in a mass earth tickling? (That, and the fact Ken Dodd stole all their tickling sticks.)
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 07:46 PM   #8
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
And, why is it that New York City, which has one hell of a lot of people in it, is not having daily quakes??

It just blows my mind when I come across someone who can actually read and write, but is so mind-numbingly stupid.

The thing is ..... this even eclipses people, who for religious reasons, cling to their mythologies. That, I can at least understand, and I won't poke fun at anyone who has been raised to believe something that I do not.

But .... clearly, this moron has come up with this theory all by his own little old self. And .... OMG .... what a nimrod!!!
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote