Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-09-2013, 11:15 AM   #31
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
A first contact with the Onyx Boox C63 & C65:

http://translate.google.es/translate...2F%3Fp%3D20102

The contrast, in the model with touch screen, is disappointing: 8:1.
Probably because of the poor quality capacitive layer.

Nothing new under the sun. This manufacturer seems to walk backwards like a crab.
At least that is perceived in the first news that has come out.

A greeting. -
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:23 PM   #32
Kirith
schoolteacher
Kirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Onyx M92 +i62HD(m)+M92(m)x20+M90x13
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraylocus View Post
The contrast, in the model with touch screen, is disappointing: 8:1.
Probably because of the poor quality capacitive layer.
Int the review the question a little bit of something else: a dishonest distributor ( in Russia , " Mack Center" ) states of the same contrast 12:1 in all product lines models 62/i62/i63/C63
It's a lie . Conclusions (very reputable website - The-eBook) say that in low light :
1 - This screen has a contrast ratio less than E-Ink VizPlex. If you do not use the backlight .
2 - if you use the backlight , it is worse than i62/i63 :
This is seen as :
- Greed , because (in Russia), the price is very overpriced - s63M (Marco Polo) 5490 rubles. (170 $), c63ML (Magellan) - 6990 rubles. ( $ 215)
- The failure of the policies of sales Onyx: sell new devices is worse quality than the old ones .

В обзоре идёт речь немного о другом: нечестный дистрибьютор (в России, "Мак-Центр") заявляет об одинаковом контрасте 12:1 во всех линейках моделей 62/i62/i63/C63
Это ложь. Выводы (очень авторитетного автора - The-eBook) говорят что при плохом освещении:
1 - этот экран имеет контрастность хуже чем E-Ink VizPlex. Если не использовать подсветку.
2 - если использовать подсветку, то он хуже чем в i62/i63
Это рассматривается как:
- жадность, т.к. (в России) цена очень завышена - с63M (Marco Polo) 5490 руб. (170$), c63ML (Magellan)- 6990 руб. (215$)
- провал самой политики продаж Onyx: продавать новые устройства хуже качеством чем старые.

Last edited by Kirith; 11-10-2013 at 12:19 AM.
Kirith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 05:31 PM   #33
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
Thanks.
What an awfull perspective
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 05:52 PM   #34
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolo View Post
Thanks.
What an awfull perspective
Indeed: Low quality at a high price.

But one thing they forget to Onyx: And that is called "Competition".

Mistakenly think that by implementing the promised Android for M92 & I62HD* have guaranteed the sale of the supposed "new" and high price.
Some walk by forums and do some review.
And of course, our objective verdict will read many consumers.
The small world and we learned all Internet ....

A greeting. -
Old 11-12-2013, 12:48 AM   #35
bleph
bleph has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bleph has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bleph has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Boox M90, M92 Black
They should instead make M92HD with screen similar to Hanvon's E920.
bleph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:21 AM   #36
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleph View Post
They should instead make M92HD with screen similar to Hanvon's E920.
Great idea.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:45 AM   #37
Manolo
Addict

It seems that there are new spanish clones "Tagus" based in Onyx Boox C65HD and C65ML
Link to spanish department store El Corte Inglés:
http://www.elcorteingles.es/tienda/c...=81014%3ATagus
Spanish forums:
http://www.lectoreselectronicos.com/...uevo-con-Linux
http://forokd.com/showthread.php/109...l-Corte-Inglés
Old 11-20-2013, 07:45 AM   #38
brombus
Enthusiast
brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.

Device: none
Polish distributor Arta Tech has just begun selling new ereaders Onyx Boox C65 AfterGlow (with illumination) and Onyx Boox C65 Storia (without illumination). They say that screens in C65 models have 25% better contrast in comparison with their previous models.

http://onyx-ereader.pl/pl/specyfikac...-c65-afterglow
http://onyx-ereader.pl/pl/specyfikacja-boox-c65-storia
brombus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:43 PM   #39
Anavim
Enthusiast
Anavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Onyx BOOX Page, inkBOOK Onyx & Obsidian & Calypso+ (Android ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brombus View Post
Onyx Boox C65 AfterGlow (with illumination) and Onyx Boox C65 Storia (without illumination). They say that screens in C65 models have 25% better contrast in comparison with their previous models.
This is true.
I bought Onyx BOOX C65 Afterglow. It is lightweight, smart and has a very good black. It is more tarry than in other readers, that I have seen.
I am very happy with it.
There is a new refresh mode A2.
It works well on many applications (Android 2.3) - in the system is (out of box) FBReader and CoolReader, adapted well to the HD screen.
Other applications, after the adjustment, also work great.
On C65 I can read comfortably all formats of books and documents.
It's a different class than the previous series.

It is a pity that no review comparing it to the Kindle PW, Nook Touch GlowLight, Kobo Aura and other readers.
Anavim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:20 PM   #40
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
Does it use Stardict dictionaries? Are hyperlinks in the books working? What about book covers and pictures? Is font in dictionary lookup large enough so one doesn't need a magnifying glass?
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 03:38 AM   #41
Anavim
Enthusiast
Anavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayo View Post
Does it use Stardict dictionaries?
No. Mainly QuickDic. But you can install other. Then the program will use it.

Quote:
Are hyperlinks in the books working
References and links working.

Quote:
What about book covers and pictures?
Covers shows up on the main screen, last read and the library, after first opening the book.
The illustrations are displayed.

Quote:
Is font in dictionary lookup large enough so one doesn't need a magnifying glass?
So so Explanation translations are very fine font.
Old 12-07-2013, 05:18 AM   #42
pvmagician
pvmagician began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anavim View Post
This is true.
I bought Onyx BOOX C65 Afterglow. It is lightweight, smart and has a very good black. It is more tarry than in other readers, that I have seen.
I am very happy with it.
There is a new refresh mode A2.
It works well on many applications (Android 2.3) - in the system is (out of box) FBReader and CoolReader, adapted well to the HD screen.
Other applications, after the adjustment, also work great.
On C65 I can read comfortably all formats of books and documents.
It's a different class than the previous series.

It is a pity that no review comparing it to the Kindle PW, Nook Touch GlowLight, Kobo Aura and other readers.
Hi, I want to buy Ereader that support RTL Language, is it?
Can i install any android app on this reader? (Such as RSS reader and web browser and bluedict and..)

thank you
pvmagician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:16 PM   #43
Anavim
Enthusiast

Sorry, I missed your question ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvmagician View Post
Hi, I want to buy Ereader that support RTL Language, is it?
Yes. One of the three system programs for reading, FBReader can well show the text written from right to left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvmagician View Post
Can i install any android app on this reader? (Such as RSS reader and web browser and bluedict and..)
Yes, but it must be compatible with the Adroid version 2.3.1 and look good on e-ink screen. The reader does not have Google Play, but you can install (apk) from internal memory or SD card.
The reader has a 1GHz processor, 512MB of RAM and touch screen - most of the application is working well, but a lot of them are very small text on the HD screen.

Last edited by Anavim; 12-10-2013 at 06:23 PM.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:47 AM   #44
fraylocus
Groupie

In a thread (Spanish forum) where a clone of C65ML is analyzed, it speaks well of its overall performance, but the user returned by the lousy frontligth where the LEDs are directly displayed:

With lighting lit with Kindle Paperwhite

Thread: http://forokd.com/showthread.php/10988-Tagus-Lux-2014

Last edited by fraylocus; 12-11-2013 at 03:57 AM.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:15 AM   #45
Manolo
Addict

Thanks Fraylucus. What an awful frontlight. I hope being a defect in that particular unit