Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 10-07-2013, 03:31 AM   #376
Entomos
Entomos began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD Firefly 256MB
I'd like to hear from Booxtor just if they're still in with testing or not. Since from february i was recommending my fabulous device throughout the whole ereading world of mine even for the well-cared online support they showed,but now... Sorry for my bad english... Greetings,
Entomos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:28 AM   #377
inthemood
Zealot
inthemood began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Forma 32G
At the risk of sounding impatient (after all we've been waiting for a few months now), I feel that a confirmation or a denial from "you know who" of what several among us seem to fear would be in order.
inthemood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:24 AM   #378
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
I am seriously considering buying a "firefly" from http://ereader-store.eu/, but am waiting for confirmation that the software will continue to be developed.
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:35 AM   #379
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
I suppose, IMHO, that we can't except something until that the new devices under Android will be presented. And after, I haven't much hope. But, I hope that it's a mistake...
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:42 AM   #380
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
I suppose, IMHO, that we can't except something until that the new devices under Android will be presented. And after, I haven't much hope. But, I hope that it's a mistake...
Sounds like I should look for another device then
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:36 AM   #381
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynton View Post
Sounds like I should look for another device then
May be, you could wait the Android version. If Onyx use what is present in this forum and the work already done for I62 and M92, the new devices could be interesting. If Onyx only port Android, I'm not sure.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:26 AM   #382
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
There is no info on change log between 201307xx and 201304xx updates.
But I found a change log for july 2013 firmware for i62 and i62ML in Onyx International (China). I suppose it should be the same change log for Booxtor shop i62hd and Firefly as were released just some days later and Booxtor firmware are based in Onyx International.
But I think Booxtor should make it clear

http://www.onyx-international.com.cn....php?serial=38
Quote:
chang log :

fb reader:
* set line space to 100% by default.

cool reader:
* improve citation feature, add delete citation in cool reader.

new pdf reader:
* fixed hyperlink can't work.
* fixed turn page to bring white screen.
* add slide show.
* fixed picture overflow screen after select text font in epub.
* fixed can't exit pdf reader when uninstall external card.
* improve select word in dictionary.

gui:
* using better font family in local dialog.

web browser:
* fixed web browser crash when running DRM fulfillment.

Last edited by Manolo; 10-27-2013 at 09:04 AM.
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:13 AM   #383
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Will we have 20131204 update, already available for M92?
Old 12-06-2013, 06:43 AM   #384
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolo View Post
Will we have 20131204 update, already available for M92?
Yes, next week.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:58 AM   #385
Manolo
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Yes, next week.
Thanks. I have an i62HD and a M92. I prefer to have same firmware release in both
Old 12-14-2013, 11:25 PM   #386
truemarine
truemarine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.truemarine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.truemarine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.truemarine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K4B, Kobo Aura H2O
Thanks Booxtor. Can not wait to get the new firmware.
It's a shame that ONYX does not provide support by themselves.
truemarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 03:32 AM   #387
inthemood
Zealot

All "strangely" quiet on the Booxtor front ! ? …
Old 12-16-2013, 09:19 AM   #388
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
It all depends on when Onyx will release the new official firmware, probably Mr B was promised it would happen this week. Bear in mind Booxtor 's firmware is an "enhanced" version of the original chinese firmware but so far nothing new has appeared on the official chinese site. Just sit tight and wait a little more.
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:54 AM   #389
inthemood
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayo View Post
It all depends on when Onyx will release the new official firmware, probably Mr B was promised it would happen this week. Bear in mind Booxtor 's firmware is an "enhanced" version of the original chinese firmware but so far nothing new has appeared on the official chinese site. Just sit tight and wait a little more.
Ok. Wait and see… (seems like we've been doing that for a while)
Old 01-02-2014, 04:52 PM   #390
nausica
Connoisseur
nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Energy Reader Pro
I only hope, they will implement night mode in FBReader and I'll put my soul in peace.
Or, if they make dictionaries working well in CoolReader, as well as in FBReader, I will do as above.

However, at this point, I don't think that will happen, pity because firefly was nearly to be perfect.

Last edited by nausica; 01-03-2014 at 04:12 AM. Reason: corrected an error
nausica is offline   Reply With Quote