Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 10-26-2011, 11:08 PM   #1
EMG
EMG began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
"Pulse" feature on the Vox

OMG! This is going to be an awesome feature! This will take some time to actually create a "buzz" while reading a passage as there are no comments yet on any books... I just hope it will be moderated though as there will probably be some potential spoilers.
EMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:17 PM   #2
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Ugh. What a horrible feature. If I ever get a Vox, this will be the first thing I disable. If it can't be disabled, then Kobo doesn't get my money.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:06 AM   #3
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Yeahhhhhh, I'm not to excited about it. It will be coming the Kobo readers in the future as well, I think if you are able to hide the "pulse" (Which looks like it would be a bit distracting) and access it through the menu then maybe I wouldn't mind.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:00 AM   #4
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
OH - this is TOTALLY a MASSIVE selling feature for me! Part of why I like reading so much is discussing with other people! I am sort of stuck doing that via book reviews at the moment. I don't have time for book clubs, so this is the PERFECT thing for me! I could see having spoilers, but I don't mind! I just want to find other people that like the same books as me!!!
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:05 AM   #5
molman
Evangelist
molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I don't mind the concept, I'm just not a fan of facebook. Wished they'd look at also working with some of the other book orientated social sites like Goodreads.
molman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:19 AM   #6
Graycee
Enthusiast
Graycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Aura, Kindle (2014)
I was able to download the Vox user manual through the Kobo store. You can turn pulse off.
Graycee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:19 PM   #7
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Well yes turn it off is fine... But having it come up when you push menu would be better. I don't think I would like to have a little black thing pulsing at the bottom of the screen, but I like the concept of discussing what's happening in the book with other people.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:30 PM   #8
moolyn
Rookie eBookie
moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch, Kobo Touch, iPad3
I think the pulse would distract from reading but assume that it will only work if you have wireless on anyway.
moolyn is offline   Reply With Quote