Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 10-18-2018, 07:27 PM   #1
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Availability of audiobooks in Italian?

I am trying to find audiobooks in Italian that I can listen to while reading the ebook version. I thought first of Camilleri's Montalbano series, but it seems there's only one of the series with an audiobook format, the first. Marco Vichi's Bordelli series has 2 or 3 out of 6. Kobo's Italy site doesn't even have an audiobook section, it seems. Does anyone know of an Italian audiobook retailer? I could try audible.com, but I'm assuming that I'll have to jump through all sorts of geolocation hoops to get access
Old 10-19-2018, 07:13 AM   #2
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartjmz View Post
I am trying to find audiobooks in Italian that I can listen to while reading the ebook version. I thought first of Camilleri's Montalbano series, but it seems there's only one of the series with an audiobook format, the first. Marco Vichi's Bordelli series has 2 or 3 out of 6. Kobo's Italy site doesn't even have an audiobook section, it seems. Does anyone know of an Italian audiobook retailer? I could try audible.com, but I'm assuming that I'll have to jump through all sorts of geolocation hoops to get access
I checked audible and they have several audiobooks in italian, see the categories below.

why do you think you need to jump trough loops? where are you located?

Spoiler:

Categories

Arts & Entertainment (133)
Bios & Memoirs (347)
Business (179)
Classics (586)
Erotica & Sexuality (64)
Fiction (846)
History (269)
Mysteries & Thrillers (517)
Romance (182)
Science & Technology (129)
Sci-Fi & Fantasy (107)
Self Development (617)
Comedy (4)
Newspapers & Magazines (3)
Sports (130)
Travel & Adventure (114)
Religion & Spirituality (195)
Nonfiction (186)
Language Instruction (378)
Drama & Poetry (127)
Health & Fitness (95)
Kids (366)
Teens (116)

tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2018, 07:15 AM   #3
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest@de View Post
I checked audible and they have several audiobooks in italian, see the categories below.

why do you think you need to jump trough loops? where are you located?
I'm in Aotearoa/NZ, and can't for example, purchase ebooks from Kobo's Italy site. I have had similar issues with my Amazon account, with content (and devices in the case of the PW4) not being available to me here.
Old 10-19-2018, 12:43 PM   #4
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartjmz View Post
I'm in Aotearoa/NZ, and can't for example, purchase ebooks from Kobo's Italy site. I have had similar issues with my Amazon account, with content (and devices in the case of the PW4) not being available to me here.
you can open an account with audible with an US adress so you can buy that way, amazon and audible don't do geolocation.

I'm not in the US but I was tired of not being able to buy what I wanted so I created an account with a US adress so I can buy what I want without issues.

When I used to buy from KObo US I used the same system, not sure if it stil works because it's been years since I bought from kobo.
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 12:09 PM   #5
Solarfl4re
Solarfl4re doesn't litterSolarfl4re doesn't litterSolarfl4re doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Touch
Even though this thread is from last year, perhaps my method of quickly finding audiobooks for a new language will prove useful to someone

As a general formula:
1. Use Google Translate if needed to translate 'audiobook' into the target language (TL): audiobook -> audiolibro

2. Find the name of the book you want to listen to in the TL using Wikipedia or Google Translate: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone -> Harry Potter e la pietra filosofale

3. Search on YouTube: audiolibro harry potter e la pietra filosofale

I've used this technique for Russian, Ukrainian, and Polish. Less of a hassle than downloading an entire book, especially if you're just beginning.
On Android, I recommend installing YouTube Vanced to get background playback in the YouTube app.

Last edited by Solarfl4re; 03-02-2019 at 01:33 PM.
Solarfl4re is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert