Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-04-2021, 02:03 PM   #1
Padraic73
Padraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kindle Keyboard/Kobo Libra H2O
Overdrive problem on Libra H2O

Hello all. I recently updated to firmware 4.26.16704 and have started having problems with Overdrive. I had three books on hold and when I tap on the 'Borrow eBooks from your public Library - Overdrive' from the front page it takes me to the Discover > OverDrive tab and the screen will refresh three times, pause, refresh three times and continue that for as long as I let it. While doing this it says 'Please wait...' in the center of the screen.

I've logged in manually to Overdrive from a computer and removed all my holds. That didn't help. I then signed out of Overdrive on the Libra which made me go through the Overdrive setup process on the Libra. That didn't help. I also rebooted the Libra, that didn't help either.

Are there any other steps I should try? Is anyone else having a problem?

Thanks!

Edit: My overdrive account is through a USAF library, I can access my account on a computer, just not through the Libra.

Last edited by Padraic73; 03-04-2021 at 02:05 PM.
Padraic73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 02:28 PM   #2
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Are you logged in on your overdrive account or on your library card? If you’re not sure how to tell which you’re using on the Libra if you used your library card number then it’s the library not overdrive, if you put in your overdrive account info then it’s overdrive.

In theory (and in practice until this post) it didn’t matter which you used save for the fact that logging in with overdrive let you borrow from multiple libraries using Libby.

I’d suggest trying whichever method you didn’t use to test this out. However I’m going to bet you used the card and it’s specific to your library because others have reported benefits added to overdrive with 4.26.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2021, 07:08 PM   #3
Padraic73
Padraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five words

I'm logged in with the library card as that's how the account was setup through the base library. I'm honestly not sure how to log in with an account as I don't have one with a username/password combination. I log into the OverDrive site with my library card and I can't find a way to add a password.

Any thoughts?
Old 03-04-2021, 08:28 PM   #4
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
On overdrives homepage log out you should have an option to login with your card or create an account if you look under the login option.

Once you create the account and login add your card to your new overdrive account.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 11:35 PM   #5
Padraic73

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
On overdrives homepage log out you should have an option to login with your card or create an account if you look under the login option.

Once you create the account and login add your card to your new overdrive account.
I tried that, created an account but it seems I need to find the library in order to input the library card number. The library my card # was created under was 'USAF - OverDrive assigned starts with FL'. I can't find that on the normal OverDrive account page when I click 'find library'. However, if I go here - https://dod.overdrive.com/ I can find that library in the dropdown when I select sign in.

Am I missing the place to put my library card # in my overdrive account? Honestly it seems like a disconnect with the newest firmware/overdrive & the DoD overdrive program. It worked perfectly on the last firmware, I may have to go back to it...
Advert
Old 03-05-2021, 11:58 AM   #6
Padraic73

An update. I contacted OverDrive and they recommended signing out of OverDrive and resigning in on the device and selecting Department of Defense as my library instead of the library the card came from. They said the USAF libraries merged with the Department of Defense Library. I did that, it then asks me to reselect a library (I selected USAF - OverDrive assigned starts with FL) and enter my library card. That didn't help, OD support then recommended I contact Kobo.

I contacted Kobo, they're looking into it. They had me sign out of overdrive and resign in, then since that didn't work they asked me to factory reset the device. That didn't work either. It's been elevated, hopefully it'll get resolved soon.
Old 03-13-2021, 01:54 AM   #7
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Overdrive problem on Libra H2O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padraic73 View Post
An update. I contacted OverDrive and they recommended signing out of OverDrive and resigning in on the device and selecting Department of Defense as my library instead of the library the card came from. They said the USAF libraries merged with the Department of Defense Library. I did that, it then asks me to reselect a library (I selected USAF - OverDrive assigned starts with FL) and enter my library card. That didn't help, OD support then recommended I contact Kobo.

I contacted Kobo, they're looking into it. They had me sign out of overdrive and resign in, then since that didn't work they asked me to factory reset the device. That didn't work either. It's been elevated, hopefully it'll get resolved soon.

Did you repair your account? (More>Settings>Device Information>Repair your Kobo account (It’s on Page 2)). I find that fixes Overdrive issues for me when they spring up.

If that doesn’t work, before you factory reset again, try signing out of your Kobo device first (More>Settings>Accounts>Kobo). Technically, they are similar processes, but I’ve had different results in the past if one didn’t work. Both will require you to sign back into OverDrive.

Lastly, if those two steps don’t help, set up a new account on OverDrive.com (new user name). Then sign out of OD on your Kobo. Tap on Get started”, then tap on the “Sign in to OverDrive” link. Pick your library, or one in your library’s network. This should bring you to your library’s OD page. Now, instead of selecting your library from the drop down again, tap “Sign in with OverDrive”. Use the new OverDrive account you made above to log in with your email address and password. Don’t sign in with your library card! You should get the “You’re all set to start browsing” page.

If this works, please let me know. If it doesn’t work, try a different WiFi connection. You need to isolate the problem. Is it your account? Is it your Kobo? Is it your library account at fault? Is it your network?

The problem I have giving you further help is that I’ve got everything set up and it works fine, so I haven’t seen the new account setup pages in years. If you see something that diverges from my steps, please let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by Cootey; 03-13-2021 at 01:57 AM.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
overdrive