Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-25-2011, 03:34 PM   #1
Primrose
Primrose began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-t1
Problem with Audio on Sony PRS-T1

My Sony PRS-T1 came yesterday and I used the Reader for PC software to upload an audio book. Then I hit problems (1) the MP3 files are in folders (one for each chapter) with about 15 tracks in each folder (2) the software brought all the tracks in without importing the folders (so that I have 10 files called Track 01 (3) I tried to delete all the files with the intention of uploading only one chapter at a time (4) Reader for PC removed all the files from the Library copy but left two files on the Reader - and I cannot remove them.
Has anyone else had this problem - and can anyone advise what to do?
Primrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:06 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I don't use the Reader for PC software at all so I can't advise on that. However, you can transfer your MP3 folders using simple drag/drop to the PRS-T1 directory [drive:]\Sony_Reader\media\audio using your op.system File Manager.

I suspect the reader will get its Artist, Album, Title and Track info from the Tag info inside the MP3s, rather than from the filenames/directories. So you may need to edit the Tags yourself before you copy to the reader. The MP3Tag freeware program is very good.

You should also be able to delete MP3s directly using your op.system.

P.S. Welcome to MobileRead

Last edited by jackie_w; 10-25-2011 at 06:17 PM. Reason: welcome
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2011, 02:09 AM   #3
Primrose

Many thanks for you help. The only folders I could see in PRS-T1 directory [drive O:] with Windows Explorer Win 7 were:
/dll
/resources
/Setup Reader for MAC
Then I set have set Control Panel/Folder Options/General to 'Show all folders' and 'Show hidden files, folders and drives'. Now I can see the extra folders!
Old 10-30-2011, 03:20 PM   #4
Primrose

But when I went back, next day (to add some more files) I was no longer able to see the extra folders in Windows Explorer. Gloom!
Old 10-30-2011, 03:35 PM   #5
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I'm using Windows. When I connect I see 3 drives:
Code:
READER (V:)
Removable Disk (W:)
SETTING (X:)
It sounds as if all you are seeing is the 3rd one. The 1st is internal memory and the 2nd is the SD card. The 1st and/or 2nd are the places to store books and audio.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert