Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-16-2021, 12:43 AM   #1
JanG
Groupie
JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Laptop; Kobo Clara
Digital Editions -- I need help!

I am posting in "General" and I hope it's the right place.

A couple of months ago I purchased a new laptop and went about loading all my software. I loaded ADE 4.5 but am unable to view books on it - specifically books that I've run through Calibre, however, there are one or two books in my Digital Editions folder that also won't open. The books load onto my Kobo just fine and can be read. I've reinstalled the program several times but still get the same result. Did I miss a set-up step?
JanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 05:16 AM   #2
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
Have you properly authorized ADE? I think it's in the Help menu item. Also, did you change your Adobe email address? I made this mistake myself and it completely breaks your ADE authorization.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 11:53 PM   #3
JanG
Groupie
JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Laptop; Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
Have you properly authorized ADE? I think it's in the Help menu item. Also, did you change your Adobe email address? I made this mistake myself and it completely breaks your ADE authorization.
Yes. It says the computer is authorised and the email address given is correct.
JanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 04:40 PM   #4
Fiat_Lux
Addict
Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanG View Post
I am posting in "General" and I hope it's the right place.

A couple of months ago I purchased a new laptop and went about loading all my software. I loaded ADE 4.5 but am unable to view books on it - specifically books that I've run through Calibre, however, there are one or two books in my Digital Editions folder that also won't open. The books load onto my Kobo just fine and can be read. I've reinstalled the program several times but still get the same result. Did I miss a set-up step?
Verify that your other Adobe products are correctly licensed. Adobe authorization occasionally gets confused about what it allows.

Do the books that don't open contain anything that could be misconstrued as Flash? If so, that might be culprit.
Fiat_Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 03:44 AM   #5
rhyta
Enthusiast
rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ST Nook w/Glowlight (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
I am tagging onto this question, hope that is ok. I am having an issue with changing my email address in Digital Editions. We are changing email addresses and I was able to login to Adobe and do this. However, when I open ADE on my computer, it still shows the old address. I can't figure out how to change this.

I got on the forums for Adobe and asked for help, it has been months and no one ever answered my question. I could see that others were left in the lurch with their questions too.

My main concern is that I won't be able to check out e-books from my library if the email is not the same. I figured I would have to de authorize it and re-authorize but it is not letting me do that either. Anyone have any suggestions?
rhyta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 01:49 PM   #6
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
@rhyta: You don't need to worry about library books that you download from a different account. So long as your ADE is registered, you will be able to open the books. (I have sometimes downloaded my wife's library books to my computer and I had no issues.)

Or, GIYF: https://helpx.adobe.com/digital-edit...tal%20Editions.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 03:16 PM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyta View Post
My main concern is that I won't be able to check out e-books from my library if the email is not the same. I figured I would have to de authorize it and re-authorize but it is not letting me do that either. Anyone have any suggestions?
Which version of ADE and how are you trying to de-authorize it?

On another hand, for what it may be worth, I'm still using an email address from an ISP that hasn't existed for 10+ years for my ADE authorizaion. Adobe doesn't seem to care as long as I can remember that password that goes with that Adobe account.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 01:26 AM   #8
rhyta
Enthusiast
rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhyta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
@rhyta: You don't need to worry about library books that you download from a different account. So long as your ADE is registered, you will be able to open the books. (I have sometimes downloaded my wife's library books to my computer and I had no issues.)

Or, GIYF: https://helpx.adobe.com/digital-edit...tal%20Editions.
That would be nice but if I have changed my ADE email address then when I lose the email address that my reader is registered to it won't matter? I just don't trust Adobe to not shut me out but guess since they won't even answer my question then I have to take my chances.
Old 10-15-2021, 01:28 AM   #9
rhyta
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Which version of ADE and how are you trying to de-authorize it?

On another hand, for what it may be worth, I'm still using an email address from an ISP that hasn't existed for 10+ years for my ADE authorizaion. Adobe doesn't seem to care as long as I can remember that password that goes with that Adobe account.
I am using 3.0 because I have old Nooks and the 4.5 version doesn't work with them. I was told to try to deauthorize it and put the new email address in when I re authorize. I was trying in ADE to deauthorize but deauthorize was shaded out.

But at this point I guess I am just going to have to wait and see what happens when the old email goes away.
Old 10-15-2021, 01:03 PM   #10
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyta View Post
That would be nice but if I have changed my ADE email address then when I lose the email address that my reader is registered to it won't matter? I just don't trust Adobe to not shut me out but guess since they won't even answer my question then I have to take my chances.
As I mentioned in an earlier reply, the email address I'm still using for ADE has not existed for a decade. If Adobe ever gets around to trying to send a verification email, I'm not going to be a happy camper but until then, it works.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 03:50 AM   #11
rhyta
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
As I mentioned in an earlier reply, the email address I'm still using for ADE has not existed for a decade. If Adobe ever gets around to trying to send a verification email, I'm not going to be a happy camper but until then, it works.
Hope so! Will soon find out on the 30th if it messes things up.
Old 10-22-2021, 02:09 PM   #12
Yassréveil
Yassréveil began at the beginning.

Device: aucun
Good luck!
Yassréveil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 03:37 AM   #13
rhyta
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yassréveil View Post
Good luck!
Thanks!