Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-02-2019, 07:46 PM   #1
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
Calibre After Crash

my whole pc was taken down by windows and I've managed to save much of the data in the original condition, C drive, libraries, etc.

after a reinstall of calibre can I just simply overlay all the files from my root drive that exist and things will be back where it was before windows took me down? please say yes (though it's probably no). this is more important to me than almost anything else.

setting everything up again the way it was and I liked it would be a monumental task and I'm coming up on my busy season. I don't mind reinstalling plugins, but customizations, menus, etc. would be a real pain.

tia!
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 08:02 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghaworth View Post
my whole pc was taken down by windows and I've managed to save much of the data in the original condition, C drive, libraries, etc.

after a reinstall of calibre can I just simply overlay all the files from my root drive that exist and things will be back where it was before windows took me down? please say yes (though it's probably no). this is more important to me than almost anything else.

setting everything up again the way it was and I liked it would be a monumental task and I'm coming up on my busy season. I don't mind reinstalling plugins, but customizations, menus, etc. would be a real pain.

tia!
You have to copy over the configuration folder. Usually it's located at User/App Data/Roaming. Copy the entire folder named "calibre" to the same location.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 08:19 PM   #3
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

thank you so very much!
Old 12-05-2019, 08:13 PM   #4
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
You have to copy over the configuration folder. Usually it's located at User/App Data/Roaming. Copy the entire folder named "calibre" to the same location.
should I copy the calibre installation folder over too or just the configuration folder? I would be happier with my files the way they were before the crash. would it hurt anything?

eta - I don't think I need to. looks like everything is still there just as it was. thanks.

Last edited by pghaworth; 12-05-2019 at 08:26 PM.
Old 12-05-2019, 08:16 PM   #5
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker

@Sirtel the configuration copy worked perfectly. I am so happy! thank you!