Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-13-2012, 12:45 PM   #1
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
Syncing progress between app and Touch

I recently bought a Nexus 7 and installed the Kobo app on it. I still use my Touch as my main reading device but now I occasionally use the app.

Or I did until I discovered that it only seems to sync my progress one way. So if I've been reading on the app and then switch to the Touch it asks me if I want to go to the last place I read to on the app. If I then read further on the Touch and later switch back, the app doesn't seem to do this. I've tried explicitly doing a sync on the Touch to force it to send its latest position but either it's not doing it or the app is not picking it up. I also made sure I closed the book, and the app, and re-opened - didn't seem to have any effect.

Anyone else seen this? Any solutions?

Thanks
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:15 PM   #2
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
It looks to me like an issue with the Touch

I read on the N7 and also the Vox and both sync fine, pick up on either and at the last place read

do you see the app on N7 do a sync when you run it (updating library, updating reading life etc)
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2012, 02:37 PM   #3
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
OK so I've discovered there's a refresh menu item in the app which causes it to sync latest position read. It doesn't then ask if I want to go there it just does it, but I can live with that.

Thanks.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote