Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-16-2018, 12:28 PM   #1
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
Unusual page turn behavior.

I am experiencing a strange behavior of my Glo since last fortnight, after upgrading to FW 4.9.11314. Whenever I tap to advance the page, my Glo (mostly) goes back to a page or two of the current reading position. I need to tap multiple times again to reach the next page. As this is occurring too frequently now and distracts my reading sessions, I feel annoyed. I have thoroughly cleaned the kobo screen for any dust or dirt, and also restarted the reader few times. I have also tried to reinstall the FW with and without patches but the problem remains unsolved.

Has anyone else experienced similar problem? What should be the probable reason? Any helpful hints for remedies please?
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 03:20 PM   #2
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I've had weird page turning issues with my Glo awhile ago after upgrading to a particular firmware. My easy fix was to just go back to the firmware that worked, you might want to try that as well.

When you cleaned the screen, did you also get under the small bevel where the IR beams are? If any dust is lodged under that small trim piece, it could also cause the problems you're having. Use either canned air or a very soft bristled brush to get under it before you try downgrading the firmware (if you haven't already done it that thoroughly on the first cleaning).
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2018, 04:18 AM   #3
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjd View Post
Any helpful hints for remedies please?

I presume you did check the reading settings, to be sure the page turn zones for forward and back aren't different to what you expect?
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 12:27 PM   #4
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
I've had weird page turning issues with my Glo awhile ago after upgrading to a particular firmware. My easy fix was to just go back to the firmware that worked, you might want to try that as well.

When you cleaned the screen, did you also get under the small bevel where the IR beams are? If any dust is lodged under that small trim piece, it could also cause the problems you're having. Use either canned air or a very soft bristled brush to get under it before you try downgrading the firmware (if you haven't already done it that thoroughly on the first cleaning).
Yes, I did use a soft brush and a soft moist microfiber cloth, no canned air though. I'll perform a downgrade this weekend as recommended by you. Perhaps it can help. Thanks. I'll report soon.
Old 08-17-2018, 12:32 PM   #5
drjd
The Couch Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
I presume you did check the reading settings, to be sure the page turn zones for forward and back aren't different to what you expect?
Yes, Mrs_Often, the settings are okay.
Advert