Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-11-2018, 07:53 PM   #1
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
unable to debug "read only database"

I had moved my libraries to Dropbox some time ago, and hadn't come across this problem. Like the title reads, I can't restart in debug mode because the database is read only.

I went into the permissions on all the parent folders and made sure they were ok for everyone (ie. users, other users, system, etc.). Then I went into the folders to the db file as well as the .json file and confirmed they were ok to write on.

So what gives?

We all know that the general folders holding libraries all have the grayed out read only box, but that never was a problem. Even still I made sure to apply the write settings to the entire folder. This didn't last as it immediately reverted back.

Any suggestions?
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 08:08 PM   #2
Rellwood
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

calibre, version 3.29.0
Corrupted database: The library database at C:\Users\MyPC\Dropbox\Calibrefromtoshiba\0.Primary 3 appears to be corrupted. Do you want calibre to try and rebuild it automatically? The rebuild may not be completely successful. If you say No, a new empty calibre library will be created.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\main.py", line 305, in initialize_db
File "site-packages\calibre\db\legacy.py", line 81, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\db\legacy.py", line 48, in create_backend
File "site-packages\calibre\db\backend.py", line 384, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\db\schema_upgrades.py", line 19, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\db\backend.py", line 843, in execute
File "c:\t\t\apsw-j1n8vs\apsw-3.23.1-r1\src\cursor.c", line 236, in resetcursor
ReadOnlyError: ReadOnlyError: attempt to write a readonly database
Old 08-11-2018, 08:10 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That error can be caused by file permissions, or some program such as an antivirus interfering with calibre or something like dropbox accessing the calibre library folder at the same time as calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 08:21 PM   #4
Rellwood

Let me check on another user id.

I have Dropbox exited on my computer, so it isn't updating.

I know that I can open the library if I just open it, but trying to restart it in debug mode is what makes it "corrupt"

Although I do know that I can debug libraries not on Dropbox.
I will check a bit more.
Old 08-11-2018, 08:40 PM   #5
Rellwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
That error can be caused by file permissions, or some program such as an antivirus interfering with calibre or something like dropbox accessing the calibre library folder at the same time as calibre.
Was the Bitdefender Program. I uninstalled it. Thanks!
Old 08-12-2018, 02:15 PM   #6
cHap85Lzwdzr
cHap85Lzwdzr began at the beginning.

Device: Windows 10
Hello All:

I had the same problem. Bitdefender has a "feature" (this caused me a lot of frustration until I found out about it) named "Safe Files" which will protect user directories by default. Excluding the Calibre directory in Bitdefender Anti-Virus will not resolve the issue.

Rather than uninstalling Bitdefender, you can give Calibre access to the "Safe Files" by (in Bitdefender Total Security 2018) Opening Bitdefender, going to "View Features>SAFE FILES>Application Access" and clicking the switch next to "calibre.exe" so that it reads "Allowed."

Hopefully this will resolve the issue for any of you Bitdefender users out there.
cHap85Lzwdzr is offline   Reply With Quote