Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: What team will win the Cup?
Portugal 5 6.02%
England 4 4.82%
Italy 2 2.41%
Netherlands 4 4.82%
Spain 11 13.25%
Germany 15 18.07%
Slovenia 2 2.41%
France 2 2.41%
Greece 0 0%
Switzerland 1 1.20%
Serbia 1 1.20%
Slovakia 0 0%
Brazil 6 7.23%
Argentinia 5 6.02%
Chile 0 0%
Paraguay 0 0%
Mexico 2 2.41%
USA 6 7.23%
Honduras 0 0%
South Africa 0 0%
Algeria 0 0%
Ivory Coast 0 0%
Ghana 1 1.20%
Cameroon 0 0%
Australia 3 3.61%
Japan 2 2.41%
North Korea 1 1.20%
South Korea 1 1.20%
New Zealand 2 2.41%
none of the above 7 8.43%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-13-2010, 11:12 AM   #121
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Well, duh!

PORTUGAL!!!
Good to see you, doggie! May I say you look great with your little GERMAN sunshade. And you certainly want to support GERMANY? So what I see above is just a spelling mistake, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The American fans really need lessons in "how to be a football supporter". The fans of all the other countries sing songs; all the American fans do is mindlessly chant "U S A" over and over again. Nearly as tedious as those ghastly horn things (which I'm pleased to see that the World Cup organising committee says they are considering banning from stadia, following complaints from broadcasters).
Even if they were singing noone would have heard them due to the Vuvuzelas. I agree they should be banned. I bet the US team will get better and better, then there'll be songs too. I suppose you're supporting England? How did you like the game yesterday?
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 11:16 AM   #122
A_J_Lath
Zealot
A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Computer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
My cousin turned to me just after Green let the ball slip through his hands and in the most deadpan of voices said:

"Well that's one British spill the Yanks won't be complaining about."

Excellent! (Hope you don't mind if I plonk this on my twitter page. I won't take the credit, honest!)
A_J_Lath is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2010, 11:17 AM   #123
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
For those who aren't familiar with football tactics, a little something to help understand:

http://ezpicshare.com/images/re8qv.jpg
thanks over ! now i can talk football without actually watching any of it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
Good to see you, doggie! May I say you look great with your little GERMAN sunshade. And you certainly want to support GERMANY? So what I see above is just a spelling mistake, right?
maybe he's supporting both !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 11:18 AM   #124
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
I suppose you're supporting England? How did you like the game yesterday?
England completely dominated the game, and were very unlucky not to score more goals. Dreadful goalkeeper blunder by Robert Green to let in the American goal. England really should have won.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 11:24 AM   #125
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_J_Lath View Post
Excellent! (Hope you don't mind if I plonk this on my twitter page. I won't take the credit, honest!)
I've heard the same joke at least 50 times since last night. I reckon a lot of people pre-prepared the joke for the inevitable. Consider it public domain
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2010, 11:26 AM   #126
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The American fans really need lessons in "how to be a football supporter". The fans of all the other countries sing songs; all the American fans do is mindlessly chant "U S A" over and over again. Nearly as tedious as those ghastly horn things (which I'm pleased to see that the World Cup organising committee says they are considering banning from stadia, following complaints from broadcasters).
If the vuvuzela were to be banned it would be excellent news

Quote:
My cousin turned to me just after Green let the ball slip through his hands and in the most deadpan of voices said:

"Well that's one British spill the Yanks won't be complaining about."

Brilliant! Thank your cousin for me!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 11:41 AM   #127
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Goal for Ghana! 1:0!!!!
Old 06-13-2010, 11:44 AM   #128
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
The only appropriate song for the England goalie today

Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 11:50 AM   #129
ravenne
Wizard

Quote:
The only appropriate song for the England goalie today

Poor Mr Green, I can imagine the English media tared and feathered him today. Cool song, btw.

Sheesh, and Ghana - Serbia is a nail-biting game....
Old 06-13-2010, 11:52 AM   #130
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
BBC News article on the ban on the horn things being considered:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...10/8737455.stm

As is rightly said in the article, they entirely drown out the singing which is so much a part of the atmosphere of the game. Dreadful things!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:39 PM   #131
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
La vinotintooooo!!!! Que viva que viva! la Vinotin..................oh wait we've never qualified to a World cup

Voting for brazil
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:48 PM   #132
A_J_Lath
Zealot
A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Computer
Quote:
I've heard the same joke at least 50 times since last night. I reckon a lot of people pre-prepared the joke for the inevitable. Consider it public domain
Cheers! I might plonk this on my facebook page, so that people can see what a witty and humorous person I am.

Unless they've already heard it, of course. Which they probably have.

So maybe not then...
A_J_Lath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:52 PM   #133
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Brazl, Brazil, If one team should win everytime it is always Brazil!

Although, there is always a but, there is a couple of of beefs in that team that I hope they cover themselves of shame, so bad they played this year in my beloved team. Cornudos.

Dunga is a smart one, velvet glove in a steel hand. Great player and great selectionador.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:57 PM   #134
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
I suppose you're supporting England? How did you like the game yesterday?
This the best example of poisonous understatement in the last hour!

If you asked something like that chez nous, in the same circumstances, you will find your self different. I do not know how, or how much, but certainly different.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 01:06 PM   #135
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
DENMARK

Although, I expect Spain to win... And what is up with all the german voters on this board?
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fifa world cup. soccer, vote usa!!!