Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 04-26-2010, 12:12 PM   #1
myral
Enthusiast
myral began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, PocketBook 360, Kindle 2, CyBook gen 3
1.5 firmware with Opus?

Hi. As my son broke the screen of my Cybook Gen 3, I've been thinking about replacing it with a cheaper and smaller device, like the Opus, instead of repairing the screen.
However, all my dictionaries and e-books are in Mobipocket format, and I really loved the upgrade with folder view as well...
So, a stupid question: Will I be able to upgrade the Opus to use the Mobipocket firmware or is it just a future possibility that Bookeen mentions? And will it work as well with the Opus as it did for my beloved Gen 3?
Sorry if this has already been answered in another thread, I'd just like to be sure of my facts before deciding.
myral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:28 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes, you can install the v1.5 firmware on the Opus. Both the 1.5 and the 2.0 firmware work on both the Gen3 and Opus.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2010, 12:34 PM   #3
myral
Enthusiast

Thanks, Harry! What a relief.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:11 PM   #4
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Yes, it works even better (less battery consumption) .
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 03:10 PM   #5
myral
Enthusiast

Hi again. I'm trying to download the upgrade from Bookeen, but the link doesn't seem to work. Any ideas on where to find the upgrade?
(It's been one of those days... the courier couldn't find my house, either...)
Advert
Old 05-07-2010, 03:31 PM   #6
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Damm !
I still can't use the menu on bookeen's website... That's a bug with firefox 3.6. So I can't check the downlod links..
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 04:56 PM   #7
myral
Enthusiast

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be a firefox issue, as I get the same result with the internet explorer. Well, perhaps I'll just let my computer sleep on it and maybe tomorrow all will be miraculously resolved. (ha)
Old 05-08-2010, 03:25 AM   #8
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Bookeen download Thanks to God they aren't very innovative, so you can reach it from http://www.bookeen.com/support
Old 05-08-2010, 03:31 AM   #9
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myral View Post
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be a firefox issue, as I get the same result with the internet explorer. Well, perhaps I'll just let my computer sleep on it and maybe tomorrow all will be miraculously resolved. (ha)
There is an issue with firefox (last version) and the menu. And yes, the link for download are broken too.
Today is no working day for most people in france, so i guess that will have to wait until Monday at best.

Last edited by EowynCarter; 05-08-2010 at 03:34 AM.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:44 AM   #10
EowynCarter
Wizard

Ah, my bad, they DID update something.

Quote:
Be ready, the new Bookeen website arrives in few days.
Inserting. I hopes FW update comes along with it.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:06 AM   #11
Dinou
Dinou has learned how to read e-booksDinou has learned how to read e-booksDinou has learned how to read e-booksDinou has learned how to read e-booksDinou has learned how to read e-booksDinou has learned how to read e-booksDinou has learned how to read e-books

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle DX, Kindle 4
Upgrading

Hi everyone!
I've decided to come out of Lurk-land (where I've been very happy for the last 2 years!) because I've been trying to upgrade to Version 2.0 for the last few days with the same results, and no answer (yet) to my email from Bookeen... I won't say I'm happy I'm not the only one but... you know what I mean! I can't wait to read epub files.
Dinou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 11:19 AM   #12
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinou View Post
Hi everyone!
I've decided to come out of Lurk-land (where I've been very happy for the last 2 years!) because I've been trying to upgrade to Version 2.0 for the last few days with the same results, and no answer (yet) to my email from Bookeen... I won't say I'm happy I'm not the only one but... you know what I mean! I can't wait to read epub files.
Have you tried the link mentioned above?
http://www.bookeen.com/support
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 03:11 AM   #13
EowynCarter
Wizard

Hopefully, will be fixed with the website update.
If not, I have the files somewhere...
Old 05-09-2010, 04:33 AM   #14
Dinou
Dinou has learned how to read e-booksDinou has learned how to read e-booksDinou has learned how to read e-booksDinou has learned how to read e-booksDinou has learned how to read e-booksDinou has learned how to read e-booksDinou has learned how to read e-books

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle DX, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
Have you tried the link mentioned above?
http://www.bookeen.com/support
Yes of course but I can't get past the loggin page. I'll just have to wait & see if the new page solves my problem.
Dinou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 06:30 AM   #15
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinou View Post
Yes of course but I can't get past the loggin page. I'll just have to wait & see if the new page solves my problem.
But that's normal. You can't access to download page unless you're signed at their page. It has worked always in that way.