Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 02-07-2010, 10:15 PM   #61
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Now I regret not seeing Wall-E.
Any reason? It is one of the better animated features, even with the Disney ending. The dialogue without dialogue is quite well done.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:00 AM   #62
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Now I regret not seeing Wall-E.
I wouldn't say you missed much. Not that I found it bad, just... 'meh'. And I usually like animated movies.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2010, 10:10 AM   #63
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Any reason? It is one of the better animated features, even with the Disney ending. The dialogue without dialogue is quite well done.

Cheers,
Marc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
I wouldn't say you missed much. Not that I found it bad, just... 'meh'. And I usually like animated movies.
Actually, I had heard some good things about the movie, but it was the literary connection that provoked the remark. Who would have thought it?

My curiosity is aroused. I may have to rent this.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:15 AM   #64
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
I'd recommend Wall-E - it's possibly my favourite Pixar pic.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:32 PM   #65
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
I just read in The Ten-Cent Plague that the very first issue of Mad magazine had a story based on "The Machine Stops," called "Blobs".
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2014, 03:12 PM   #66
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Here are a couple discussion/analysis links I posted in the voting thread.

http://wiki.english.ucsb.edu/index.p...tions#See_Also
and
http://www.pkwy.k12.mo.us/west/teach...ng/machine.pdf
yeah, no new ideas, please. Let's debate what the past lecturers said upon the subject

the author was truly prophetic

the constant hum of the Machine? perhaps your favorite incoming message tune. all so differently equal
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:19 PM   #67
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
I'd recommend Wall-E - it's possibly my favourite Pixar pic.
yeah, I saw the similarities in the differences: the weak are fat instead of thin but equally unmuscular; they are all busy "lecturers" with no time for the real world around them; their audience of isolated fellows is perhaps just to their side or miles away, the cubicles are always moving with their owners on it; mankind abandoned the poluted surface of Earth; guy drops to the ground and expects drones to raise him again; etc

obviously Wall-e also draws from 2001 and Woody Allen (ever got the resemblance?)
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote