Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 10-21-2013, 05:37 PM   #1
taguntumi
taguntumi can differentiate black from dark navy bluetaguntumi can differentiate black from dark navy bluetaguntumi can differentiate black from dark navy bluetaguntumi can differentiate black from dark navy bluetaguntumi can differentiate black from dark navy bluetaguntumi can differentiate black from dark navy bluetaguntumi can differentiate black from dark navy bluetaguntumi can differentiate black from dark navy bluetaguntumi can differentiate black from dark navy bluetaguntumi can differentiate black from dark navy bluetaguntumi can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: iPad/iPhone
Sync to Last Read Page

Hello

Having purchased about a month ago I am now reading my first book using the app, so far liking it. I'm reading on my iPhone and iPad and have one query, one observation.

Is it possible to set the app to automatically sync to the last read page across both devices rather than having to click the button each time.

From memory the Kindle does this automatically? Granted the Kindle sometimes gets confused but I liked it.

Also if I click sync Marvin will sometimes ask me if I want to go to the last synced page on the device I am reading on? Shouldn't it automatically update the page to the one I am currently on rather than thinking I am on the page I was on when last I synced?

Thanks

Ian
taguntumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:55 PM   #2
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by taguntumi View Post
From memory the Kindle does this automatically?

Yes, and I prefer that as well.

What you are requesting has been requested before, and it's recorded as a feature/enhancement request in Marvin's official bug-tracker at GitHub:

https://github.com/kguil/Marvin-Roadmap/issues/112

Here is hoping our wishes will one day materialise.

PS... I also posted another syncing improvement suggestion to GitHub:

https://github.com/kguil/Marvin-Roadmap/issues/111
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2013, 08:51 PM   #3
taguntumi
taguntumi can differentiate black from dark navy bluetaguntumi can differentiate black from dark navy bluetaguntumi can differentiate black from dark navy bluetaguntumi can differentiate black from dark navy bluetaguntumi can differentiate black from dark navy bluetaguntumi can differentiate black from dark navy bluetaguntumi can differentiate black from dark navy bluetaguntumi can differentiate black from dark navy bluetaguntumi can differentiate black from dark navy bluetaguntumi can differentiate black from dark navy bluetaguntumi can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: iPad/iPhone
Thanks

Apologies didn't mean to repeat an existing thread but searched for sync and nothing relevant came up.

I think both are great ideas, I look forward to seeing them in Marvin.

Thanks

Ian
taguntumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:04 PM   #4
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
No apologies needed! This is MobileRead, and GitHub is a different site. It's of primary importance for Marvin's development, though. If you bookmark those GitHub threads you'll be able to track them to their future resolution (hopefully). Whereas the same issues could easily get lost among the multitudinous threads here on MobileRead. GitHub follows a strict one issue = one thread policy, so it's more efficiently organised if you need to get something done.

(The fact there is nothing like GitHub -- at least not publicly -- for iBooks or Kindle only goes to show for me that Apple and Amazon are not really interested in creating high-quality e-reader apps... Their focus is on selling books, and the reading experience is secondary. Because Marvin isn't selling anything, it can focus solely on providing a superb reading experience.)
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:37 AM   #5
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
Location sync is progressively going to improved over time. I am experimenting with some new ideas and changes right now.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert