Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 10-31-2011, 09:12 PM   #16
Annibronte
Enthusiast
Annibronte has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3,Kobo Vox
I stopped in at Staples today and picked up a cheapo neoprene sleeve and screen protector. I held the Vox up to the Blackberry Playbook they had on display, and the dimensions seem identical (not sure about depth though). The screen protector fits perfectly.
Annibronte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:27 PM   #17
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
The Blackberry leather envelopes seem to work fine. The Source has them going at $29.96 if you can find them in store, where I got mine. Keep in mind that the edges taper in a bit, and it's a hair longer and thicker than the Blackberry.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2011, 09:59 PM   #18
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Quote:
Originally Posted by moolyn View Post
I know from testdriving my DIL's Kobo Touch that I prefer holding a device without a cover too so I decided on a sleeve and ordered a "Belkin Pleated Kindle Sleeve" from Amazon.ca on Friday and it arrived today. It's just under $20 in plum or coral and it's gorgeous. There's even an exterior pocket to hold adapters or whatever. I chose a purple one to go with my soon-to-be-delivered black Vox.

There's also a black version available on eBay.ca for just under $15US including shipping but it will probably take longer to arrive.
I like these! Are they hard or soft? They look like they could be hard underneath the soft. I really want something like a glasses case, where I can take it out and put it back in when I am done - something really durable for travel. I am thinking that I could probably find something like that locally that was designed for the playbook...
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:30 PM   #19
moolyn
Rookie eBookie
moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch, Kobo Touch, iPad3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokee View Post
I like these! Are they hard or soft? They look like they could be hard underneath the soft. I really want something like a glasses case, where I can take it out and put it back in when I am done - something really durable for travel. I am thinking that I could probably find something like that locally that was designed for the playbook...
Sorry! They are cute but soft. Here's one that looks soft but is hard and was designed for the Vox:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/CaseCrown-Har...item27bf70c8e7
moolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:21 AM   #20
friktion
Zealot
friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Sony 700, Kindle 3Wi-Fi, Skytex Primer 7", Kindle Fire
I love my Verso cover - I found it in Future Shop for $39.99:
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/produ...38c8765651en02

It is beautiful!
friktion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2011, 05:39 PM   #21
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
I got a bookstyle cover for $30 at my local Coles. It seems good - all the right spots are open (for charging, sd card, power, volume), but one thing I noticed is that the stitching on the inside of the cover leaves marks on the screen. Can't really see them when you power it on, but it's annoying - like fingerprints. That's what I love about my Kobo WiFi...I can eat sloppy chicken wings while reading and my screen still says perfectly clean!

I don't think the stitching will do any damage to the screen, but now I am thinking a hard sided case or sleeve would have been better... ???

Last edited by pokee; 11-01-2011 at 05:41 PM.
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:05 AM   #22
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
So, my husband bought a cover at Chapters for me. It was more money than I would have spent ($40). It is a hard sided book style. The stitching doesn't leave marks and the openings are great. I like that I can flip the cover over and use it like an easel with the book held in landscape position. Good way to watch videos, for sure.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:56 AM   #23
blacknirvana
Connoisseur
blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Vox
I ended up bying a book style cover from GnarlyFish that doubles as a stand from The Source for $29.95 (http://www.thesource.ca/estore/produ...e=en-CA&aff=cj) used it for 5+ hours on the plane reading and I love it, it looks great and protects the Vox.

Will post a little review + pictures later
blacknirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:36 AM   #24
GreatCanadian
Enthusiast
GreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beauty

Hello Nirvana,
That looks like it might be what I'm looking for. The website states that it has a soft interior liner, but doesn't mention if the exterior is hard or not. what is the exterior? Thank you.
GC
GreatCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:15 AM   #25
blacknirvana
Connoisseur
blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatCanadian View Post
Hello Nirvana,
That looks like it might be what I'm looking for. The website states that it has a soft interior liner, but doesn't mention if the exterior is hard or not. what is the exterior? Thank you.
GC
Nit sure exactly what you mean but the outside feels and looks like leather, when its closed it almost looks like a little classic notebook.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:22 AM   #26
GreatCanadian
Enthusiast
GreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beauty

Great, thanks for the info.
GreatCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:08 AM   #27
LauraPony
Zealot
LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknirvana View Post
I ended up bying a book style cover from GnarlyFish that doubles as a stand from The Source for $29.95
How heavy is the cover, Nirvana? I love the look and functionality of this cover (and the price). I've been doing a lot of one-handed reading and surfing with my Vox, so I'd love to get a general idea of how much weight it would add to the machine before I pick one up. Thanks!
LauraPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:01 PM   #28
jana_leigh14
jana_leigh14 began at the beginning.

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by friktion View Post
I love my Verso cover - I found it in Future Shop for $39.99:
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/produ...38c8765651en02

It is beautiful!
So the Kobo vox fits in this case?! I loved it when I was at Chapters, but they told me it would be too tight. Then I bought the blue vox. I wish I would have bought the black so it would look better in any case.
jana_leigh14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:12 AM   #29
blacknirvana
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraPony View Post
How heavy is the cover, Nirvana? I love the look and functionality of this cover (and the price). I've been doing a lot of one-handed reading and surfing with my Vox, so I'd love to get a general idea of how much weight it would add to the machine before I pick one up. Thanks!
Not really sure, Ill write about that in the little "review" im working on. Ill post a link later
Old 11-08-2011, 11:13 PM   #30
enzonov
enzonov began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknirvana View Post
Not really sure, Ill write about that in the little "review" im working on. Ill post a link later
I bought the same one. Can't say how heavy it is exactly but I can say it is much lighter than the bookstyle covers from Chapters. It's also less expensive, and more functional.
enzonov is offline   Reply With Quote