Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 10-29-2011, 02:36 PM   #16
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
Yes - prepared as it should be (internal fontname, bla...). Used both mounting methods: with temp-folder and without. Tried several variations with fonts in sub-folder, in root, ... Script (prsp.sh) in database\system\PRSPlus.
No error-message or failure. Just not working.

And I don't want to flash an altered firmware because I allready bricked my reader completely with such fiddling around.

A.

Edit:
Update: I managed to get the mounting working for a view minutes. Until the next restart of the reader. Never worked again. There seems to be more strange things than thinkable...

One more strange behaviour:
Due to a not working skript the reader stuck while booting. After reseting over the pinhole reader made a setup like new and asked for language etc. Strange: my books where all there.
And a view more which I never have seen before. Even when new. The new reader have had german books installed, now I additionally have one englisch book in full version (Pride and prejudice) on the reader. I know there are the free books somewhere in the firmware. But englisch books AND german ones?

Anyway - finally I managed the way quisvir suggested and altered the kbookassets.xml. Letters in book lists and option menu are smaller making it more useful:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-10-29_1.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	78376

Furthermore with mounting the system-fonts-folder altering menu fonts and default reader fonts are now very easy.

Thanks!

Last edited by Analogus; 10-30-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 03:25 PM   #17
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogus View Post
My wishes:

I try to change the SYSTEM fonts permanently. Followed this instruction:
http://code.google.com/p/prs-plus/wiki/HowToCustomFonts
I put the 3 system fonts in a folder on the root of the reader.

Fonts changed: tt0003m_.ttf

Problem:

Changing works +- But when restarting the reader, problems arise:

-reader is booting very long
-after rebooting every note made in books, actual pages, bookmarks, ... are deleted
-interface is messed up (wrong icons, missing text). After opening a book and closing it, interface is OK. Even the new font is present.
-On rebooting once more every note etc. is deleted...

Thanks for having an idea what's wrong and helping!

A.

You must put in the folder /fonts the THREE fonts: tt0011_.ttf, tt003m_.ttf and tt0419m_.ttf, to work.
If you want to keep some of the original sources can be downloaded from:

http://prs-505.webcindario.com/descargas/Original% 20fonts% 20505.rar
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2011, 03:38 PM   #18
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No, that doesn't work. Maybe with the 505, but definitely not with the 350.

If you miss one ore two fonts, reader will crash.
If you copy all three fonts in the folder, the reader will get confused as described.
If you copy additionally the link to a disitinct font, DICTIONARY will not work as mentioned earlier.

Solution in the end was to dump down with Borodas software part of the firmware of the reader, open it with WinImage, extract the file named SWNMTeb.ttc which I could not find over the internet and copy it additionally into the font folder.

A:
Old 11-08-2011, 03:33 AM   #19
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogus View Post
No, that doesn't work. Maybe with the 505, but definitely not with the 350.

If you miss one ore two fonts, reader will crash.
If you copy all three fonts in the folder, the reader will get confused as described.
If you copy additionally the link to a disitinct font, DICTIONARY will not work as mentioned earlier.

Solution in the end was to dump down with Borodas software part of the firmware of the reader, open it with WinImage, extract the file named SWNMTeb.ttc which I could not find over the internet and copy it additionally into the font folder.

A:
Analogus,

You can attach the file SWNMTeb.ttc?

Thanks
Old 11-08-2011, 05:03 AM   #20
Analogus
Fanatic

Mounting the file:

Yes. Very easy:

Just copy it in the mounted folder to the other 3 fonts.

There is obviously no reduction in velocity of the reader due to the large font-file and the prozedure makes it very simple to change system fonts. So man can play around altering fonts in a quick way.

A.

Edit: I misunderstud you in 'attaching' the file... See next post.

Last edited by Analogus; 11-08-2011 at 05:50 AM.
Advert
Old 11-08-2011, 05:09 AM   #21
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
surquizu

due to copyright I think it isn't ok to post mentioned font-file here.
But you can follow instructions in posts #9 and #18

Regards
Mark
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:55 AM   #22
surquizu
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nord View Post
surquizu

due to copyright I think it isn't ok to post mentioned font-file here.
But you can follow instructions in posts #9 and #18

Regards
Mark
Done ! thanks