Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-29-2011, 02:21 PM   #1
Amalthea
Amalthea began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, iPod Touch
ePub fine in Calibre viewer, but on iPod extra spacing between words

I have an epub which I converted from a bunch of html pages. In the Calibre viewer it looks as it should, but when I view it on my ipod (in stanza) there is extra spaces here and there between the words.

I've seen gaps like this before on various Kindle books I've purchased and if I am remembering correctly, it was a formatting issue related to html coding. Not sure.

How can I get rid of the extra spaces between the words while viewing on my iPod?
Amalthea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:27 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Is the extra spaces due to the text being justified instead of left aligned?
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2011, 09:39 AM   #3
Amalthea

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
Is the extra spaces due to the text being justified instead of left aligned?
I'm not sure, where do I find that setting?
Old 03-30-2011, 09:48 AM   #4
user_none
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthea View Post
I'm not sure, where do I find that setting?
Look at the text on the iPod. If it's justifed then that's the reason for the extra spacing.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:42 AM   #5
Amalthea

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
Look at the text on the iPod. If it's justifed then that's the reason for the extra spacing.
Yes, I think it is justified. The text is fitting the screen on both sides no matter the rotation I view it. The spacing is worse on the metadata/comments page in the beginning then throughout the rest of the story.

If there's no way to fix this I can live with it. It's not as bad as the spacing I've seen on some Kindle books.
Advert
Old 03-30-2011, 10:50 AM   #6
user_none

If the text is not justified (sounds like it isn't) in the calibre viewer then it's being added by Stanza. There should be a setting somewhere in Stanza... I would hope...
Old 03-30-2011, 11:58 AM   #7
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
There is an option to adjust Justification under Preferences->Conversion->Common Options
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote