Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-09-2010, 02:23 PM   #1
jblitereader
Addict
jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.

Device: jetbook lite
Help with filename format in save

<edit>

Last edited by jblitereader; 03-23-2011 at 02:44 AM.
jblitereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 02:33 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingenzyme View Post
How do I make calibre to save my converted files with filename in the following format?

<title> # <author>

Usually, it's <title> - <author>

Much thanks.
Is # a series number (without a series name (not valid in Calibre) ).

The () template would be
Code:
{title} {series_index} {authors}
A better variation, in that you don't lose the series NAME:
Code:
{title} {series}-{series_index} {authors}
but this still is not good if you want a series to show in order that only uses file names.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2010, 03:11 PM   #3
jblitereader
Addict
jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.

<edit>

Last edited by jblitereader; 03-23-2011 at 02:44 AM.
Old 05-09-2010, 03:23 PM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Are you talking about the filename as stored inside the Calibre library, or the one used when you do a Save to Disk or Send to Device? The internal format is not changeable. The othera are controlled by the relevant export mask - you would just need to include the # in the mask.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 03:48 PM   #5
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
How do I make calibre to save my converted files with filename in the following format?
<title> # <author>
Go to Preferences | Add/Save | Saving Books and in the middle set the Save template to this:
{title} # {authors}
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2010, 03:50 PM   #6
jblitereader
Addict

<edit>

Last edited by jblitereader; 03-23-2011 at 02:45 AM.
Old 05-09-2010, 03:51 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Canceled
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 04:13 PM   #8
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Working now.
BTW, why did you want that format? It's kind of odd. Is there some special reason?
Old 05-09-2010, 05:02 PM   #9
jblitereader
Addict

<edit>

Old 05-09-2010, 05:06 PM   #10
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
I want the filename to show "My Boring Life # Joe Schmoe.txt"
Out of curiosity, if the filename ended up being "My Boring Life # Joe Schmoe_1293.txt", would that break things for you?

(FYI: the 1293 would be an internal calibre ID intended to help identify books that are both in a library and on a device.)
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 07:46 PM   #11
jblitereader
Addict

<edit>

Old 08-27-2010, 04:09 PM   #12
opal1012
opal1012 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I have a similar issue to this. I don't actually use Calibre to organize my eBooks -- I only use it for conversions. As a default, the filenames of converted eBooks are saved as "Title - Author First Name Last Name". This means that I have to go back through and rename the files as "Author Last, First - Title", which is tedious. I don't care about having specially named folders or anything - I just want the filenames to come out in my format so I'm not doing extra work.

I have gone into the preferences for Add/Save and changed the "Saving Books" template to: {author_sort}/{author_sort} - {title}. But Calibre seems to ignore this and continues to save files in the original way.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.
opal1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:20 PM   #13
Starson17
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by opal1012 View Post
I have gone into the preferences for Add/Save and changed the "Saving Books" template to: {author_sort}/{author_sort} - {title}.
This controls the filename when you save a book to disk out of the Calibre Library.

Quote:
But Calibre seems to ignore this and continues to save files in the original way.
Am I doing something wrong?
You are looking at the Calibre Library. Stop looking there, and merely use Save to Disk to save it wherever you want it saved. It will be saved with your template {author_sort}/{author_sort} - {title}
Old 08-27-2010, 04:25 PM   #14
opal1012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
This controls the filename when you save a book to disk out of the Calibre Library.

You are looking at the Calibre Library. Stop looking there, and merely use Save to Disk to save it wherever you want it saved. It will be saved with your template {author_sort}/{author_sort} - {title}

THANK YOU! I understand now - I need to convert them, and then use the Save to Disk option.

I really appreciate the quick response!
Old 08-27-2010, 05:35 PM   #15
opal1012

Sorry, but I have one final (I think) question about this. The filename format does come out correctly using this method. However, when I use the "Save to Disk" option it also saves the original file. Is there a way to prevent this? All I want is the converted file to be saved here, as the original unconverted file is already saved elsewhere. I was unable to find a way to do this in the preferences.

Thanks again for your help!