Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-04-2010, 09:52 AM   #1
hjordanh
hjordanh began at the beginning.

Device: B&N nook
Question The Daily

Hey,

What do you guys think about "The Daily"? The content doesn't appear to refresh all that regularly, and it's not at all customizable, and at the same time not very aligned to my taste. Has anyone heard about future plans for this section of the nook?

I've had my nook for under a week and still unconvinced that I shouldn't exchange it for a Kindle 2... the software seems to be feature-wise in alpha and stability-wise in beta. I bought it because I see a lot of potential in it, but post-purchase I'm not yet convinced.

-Jordan
hjordanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:21 AM   #2
CraigD
CraigD began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I agree with some problems with "The Daily" as far as not being able to customize it. I really don't need your new nook article everyday, I'm done with it. But it does updated everyday with the G&T and the Daybook. What I didn't like, was that I got a magazine subscription and the first day it was on the daily as new, but the second day it was gone and only in my library; which isn't a big deal, just an annoyance.

What I wish was a way to tie in something like Instapaper.
CraigD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:49 PM   #3
tyncam
tyncam began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
This is one area that will hopefully evolve over time - we also have a Kindle and the variety and content of their blogs is fantastic - that said, Amazon probably took some time to build upon their selections ...
tyncam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:48 AM   #4
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
My opinion: 2 boring blogs that aren't worth reading.

I would go to it, daily, if I had a newspaper subscription or book loan offers. But for now, I don't.

It would indeed be nice if they would put "helpful hints" and software update notices there. And if we could get RSS feed there..
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nook, the daily