Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-11-2017, 04:42 PM   #751
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@yonkjunior - the PI works for me on 2.85.1

I suspect the reading list configuration data is corrupt, which is in the library database. So its not easily fixed, especially if its happening at start up.

Does this happen when you start calibre or when you use PI?

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 09:49 PM   #752
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by yonkyunior View Post
I got message box "KeyError: u'#On'"
i tried reinstall the plugins but it is futile.

Code:
calibre, version 2.85.1
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>KeyError</b>:u'#On'

calibre 2.85.1 [64bit]  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 3, 6) && OPML Importer (1, 0, 1) && Search The Internet (1, 7, 6) && Goodreads (1, 1, 12) && Author Book Count (2, 1, 5) && all recipes Recipe Reader (1, 0, 1) && Extract ISBN (1, 4, 4) && DOC Input (1, 0, 1) && Consolidate All Library Metadata (2, 0, 31) && Similar Stories (1, 0, 58) && User Category (1, 5, 3) && Overdrive Link (2, 13, 0) && Wiki Reader (2, 1, 0) && English Noun Frequency (1, 0, 7) && Barnes & Noble (1, 2, 14) && KoboBooks (1, 0, 0) && Prettify Cover (0, 9, 9) && Library Codes (1, 0, 30) && EpubSplit (2, 2, 0) && Save To Format (0, 0, 6) && FictionDB (1, 0, 10) && Clean Metadata (0, 0, 6) && Walk Search History (1, 3, 1) && Embed Comic Metadata (1, 3, 6) && Generate Cover (1, 5, 21) && View Manager (1, 3, 2) && APNX Generator (1, 1, 0) && Quick Preferences (1, 4, 1) && MultiColumnSearch (1, 0, 71) && My Tools (0, 0, 8) && Reading List (1, 6, 6) && Count Pages (1, 7, 0) && Drop Search Results (1, 0, 8) && Quality Check (1, 9, 11) && Read MP3 AudioBook metadata (1, 0, 79) && Modify ePub (1, 3, 13) && Import List (1, 1, 5) && FanFicFare (2, 12, 0) && EpubMerge (2, 1, 0) && Diaps Editing Toolbag (0, 3, 4) && Job Spy (1, 0, 56) && Manage Series (1, 2, 8) && Author Book Count Hierarchy (1, 1, 8) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 1, 6) && Resize Cover (1, 0, 2) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 2) && Favourites Menu (1, 0, 4) && Goodreads Sync (1, 10, 1) && QuarantineAndScrub (3, 6, 103) && Overdrive Link* (2, 13, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.reading_list.action", line 294, in about_to_show_menu
  File "calibre_plugins.reading_list.action", line 108, in rebuild_menus
KeyError: u'#On'
The error is in the line trying to find the name of the default list. Somehow, the list that is named as the default list has been removed. I can't think of a way that could happen.

You can try fixing this by adding the list again. To do this, go to the plugins page of the calibre preferences and find the plugin. Select it and press the "Customize plugin" button. The missing list is called "#On", so add a new list with that name. Set any of the other options you want and then save the changes. When Hopefully that will fix the problem.

If it doesn't, there is a way to clear the configuration or edit it more directly that should work.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 06:18 PM   #753
Samurai
Enthusiast
Samurai began at the beginning.

Device: iPad (4th Gen)
Hello, is there a way to have my Lists to show as a column on the left? Along with Authors, Tags, Genres etc.etc?

Or the only way I can view the lists is through the plug-in from the toolbar?

Thanks!
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 06:29 PM   #754
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Hello, is there a way to have my Lists to show as a column on the left? Along with Authors, Tags, Genres etc.etc?
Use Reading List config Column Update Options:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	158082

BR
Old 07-24-2017, 06:49 PM   #755
Samurai
Enthusiast

Ah, thanks BR, I'm trying and trying and can't get it to happen.

I created a column called Lists, then I imported a list from Goodreads with the plugin, then with the Reading Plugin I got all the books, and also the empty ones I don't have yet.

Then, I went to the settings and just as you show in the preview I selected my list like you have Math 101, then I selected the #readinglist as you show too. And I typed on the value in column to add/remove the title of the List I want to add as you also have Math 101.

I click ok and nothing happens. My "Lists" column is empty.

Do I have to just mark every book in my list and just drag and drop them into the List column I created? But then it would be just these books from one list. I want the column list to drop down and have many lists I'm gonna create. Sorry and thanks in advance!
Old 07-24-2017, 07:48 PM   #756
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Ah, thanks BR, I'm trying and trying and can't get it to happen.

I created a column called Lists, then I imported a list from Goodreads with the plugin, then with the Reading Plugin I got all the books, and also the empty ones I don't have yet.

Then, I went to the settings and just as you show in the preview I selected my list like you have Math 101, then I selected the #readinglist as you show too. And I typed on the value in column to add/remove the title of the List I want to add as you also have Math 101.

I click ok and nothing happens. My "Lists" column is empty.

Do I have to just mark every book in my list and just drag and drop them into the List column I created? But then it would be just these books from one list. I want the column list to drop down and have many lists I'm gonna create. Sorry and thanks in advance!
Hmmm, seems that you're right, I didn't test my 'theory' I've always assumed the Column Update Options did exactly what you want.

But, I don't actually used those options on my real libraries. For Reading Lists I do everything via the Reading List drop down menu, which I access from the book list context menu (see attachment). I'm mouse averse so I don't use the Tag Browser much.

Unfortunately the developer of the plugin has 'retired', but hopefully someone who uses the PI and the Tag Browser will chime in.

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	158083  

Last edited by BetterRed; 07-24-2017 at 07:52 PM.
Old 07-24-2017, 07:57 PM   #757
Samurai
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Hmmm, seems that you're right, I didn't test my 'theory' I've always assumed the Column Update Options did exactly what you want.

But, I don't actually used those options on my real libraries. For Reading Lists I do everything via the Reading List drop down menu, which I access from the book list context menu (see attachment). I'm mouse averse so I don't use the Tag Browser much.

Unfortunately the developer of the plugin has 'retired', but hopefully someone who uses the PI and the Tag Browser will chime in.

BR
Ah, ok. Well I'm gonna do the same until someone can tell me how to do it or if it's possible. Thanks again!
Old 07-25-2017, 02:59 AM   #758
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Samurai: What BR suggested works here. But, you messed up the timing

The column is only set when you add or remove books from the list. If you did it in the order in your post, the column won't have been updated for the books. If you add another book to the list, it should get the desired value in the column. To fix this for all the books already on the list, view the list, select all the books and use the "Move to list..." function to move the books to the same list.
Old 07-25-2017, 03:49 AM   #759
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post

The column is only set when you add or remove books from the list. If you did it in the order in your post, the column won't have been updated for the books. If you add another book to the list, it should get the desired value in the column. To fix this for all the books already on the list, view the list, select all the books and use the "Move to list..." function to move the books to the same list.
- I couldn't imagine what else the options were for, but I've never needed them. And in the several years I've been using the plugin I have never even noticed the "Move to list..." option.

BR
Old 07-25-2017, 07:04 AM   #760
Samurai
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post

Ah!! Thanks a LOT David. That worked exactly how I wanted it to work. And yeah I get it now. What BR told me to do was what I had to, but I created the list before creating the column so yeah. Anyway, thanks again!
Old 07-29-2017, 11:55 PM   #761
RgaDawg
RgaDawg began at the beginning.

Device: Windows 7 Pro, SP1 on a Dell XPS9000 Work Station & Dell XPS14 Laptop
Nice. Thank you. I was looking for something very simple to manage books into bookmarks covering the entire library, like Firefox, chrome. Drag & drop (or context menu) selected books into folder(s). This seems closest to that.

For such a powerful program as Calibre, the book marks across entire library seems like it would be one of the basic features.
RgaDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 05:58 AM   #762
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I don't know if this is a bug in Calibre or a bug in the plugin.

I add the books to the list that's to be auto added to my Reader. I then view the list. I see the pins next to each title. Then I go back to the full library list and I still see the pins. So far so good. I plug in my Reader and the books get sent and the selections deselected. The pins still show even though the book are no longer part of the list. The pins should not be showing.#

So is this a problem with the plugin or Calibre?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 07:35 AM   #763
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Jon - I think its the same issue as Find Duplicates exemptions, have a look in the database preferences opf file and you may find some book numbers listed pertinent to your RL.

Kiwidude devised a means to persist the Marks some of his plugins created. Remember the plugins were written well before Marks were shown in the book list as Frat Pins, and he'd already 'retired' when that happened.

I'm not sure about RLs usage of persistent Marks, but I know that FD's exemptions have their Marks re-established when a library is opened. RL probably does the same.

BR
Old 09-03-2017, 07:45 AM   #764
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

BR, I'd say you are right. The RL plugin shows the books in a list by marking them and then showing the marked books. The marks stay on the books until something removes them. It's a little untidy, but I haven't seen that it cause any problems. It's been like that for as long as the plugin existed. I'd say it will stay like that until someone demonstrates it breaks something, or they fix the code themselves.
Old 09-03-2017, 10:30 AM   #765
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It's the same issue as the Count Pages plugin not updating the book details after a count was done/updated. Nothing was causing an error. It was just a slight annoyance. Same thing here.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote