Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 03-21-2014, 01:35 PM   #1051
enotar
Connoisseur
enotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of light

Device: kobo touch
Thank you
enotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 04:42 PM   #1052
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
You could use tshering's "Kobo Start Menu", which does not use "fmon", and you will not need the launching .png files. KOreader support is included in the Start Menu. VlasovsoftLauncher/KoboLauncher is also supported, including CoolReader.

Luck;
Ken
Thanks! Works like a charm! May this should be noted in the first post as the method-of-choice...
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:46 AM   #1053
xping
Connoisseur
xping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-books

Device: kobo aura hd, kobo mini, Sony prs-t3
pdf reflow issue

I just noticed that on latest versions of nightly builds something is wrong about
pdf text reflow (maybe something to do with "new" pdf management engine?)

Some words on the end of line are broken and new line begins with the ending part of the word.

Some words are merged together.

I tried different pdf files getting the same bad results on latest versions, while on older versions (build 939 etc.) this didn't happen

Any cue?

thx
xping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:36 PM   #1054
Mexx
Mexx began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Hey guys,

I just wanted to say, that I can reproduce the problem with the old version of the touch using fw 3.2 that koreader is not starting with releases since 1.1.2014! Unfortunately, i haven't figured out, what the problem could be, except the crashlog says something about old config file and problem with backlight. However the input.lua has to be tweaked as someone has written here, in order to get the input commands in the right way, when using this "old" version of koreader
Mexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:41 AM   #1055
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexx View Post
Hey guys,

I just wanted to say, that I can reproduce the problem with the old version of the touch using fw 3.2 that koreader is not starting with releases since 1.1.2014! Unfortunately, i haven't figured out, what the problem could be, except the crashlog says something about old config file and problem with backlight.
Did you try the frontlight specific modifications that xping has posted there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexx View Post
However the input.lua has to be tweaked as someone has written here, in order to get the input commands in the right way, when using this "old" version of koreader
This is still the same with the "new" version.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 06:44 PM   #1056
Mexx
Mexx began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Actually yes, I tried it even twice - without success

When i've got the time, i will try to merge the latest version with the one from january to find the culprit file. I'm guessing it has something to do with the touch input or the backlight.

However, thank you guys for the great work so far!
Mexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 02:49 PM   #1057
serdar0020
Zealot
serdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Aura One limited ed. 2017-32 GB + Kobo Clara 2E 2022
this has been discussed before in posts #996, 997 and here https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/372

and I'd really like to see the progress bar not cut off by half at the bottom of the page while reading a reflowed pdf, in portrait mode

screenshot https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...y.portrait.jpg

in landscape it's ok - screenshot https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/....landscape.jpg

(sometimes the ko-reader takes me unsuspectedly 200 pages further or so, haven't figured out why, so it's hard to find your way back without progress bar)

using the new kobo aura 6", FW 3.2.0, nightly build 982

Last edited by serdar0020; 03-28-2014 at 02:51 PM.
serdar0020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 04:25 PM   #1058
olobolger
olobolger began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch N905
Touch N905 models support

Hello, has anybody ever succeed getting Koreader running on an old Touch model (N905, Mark3 hardware)? Older firmwares, newer, old Koreader versions, the latest ones, ABS_X, Y variations... I think I've already tried all possible combinations with no luck Closer I get it is with 762 release and FW 3.0.1 tweaking input.lua, I can hardly open a file but then it's almost impossible to turn pages or navigate through menus. The touches position are never correct (but I can't detect an exact pattern) and to get Kobo to detect any input I have to make 3/4 quick tap touches, it's really weird and unresponsive. Checking the logs and comparing the output of ev.log with the ones of reader.lua -d, I see that y coordinate is apparently ok but I see a lot of negative values in the x coordinate. Sadly I can't understand exactly what that means.

Also in the different attempts I've noticed that ntx_hwconfig is not working, this is the output I'm getting:

Code:
#ntx_hwconfig -s -p /dev/mmwcblk0 PCB

NtxHwCfg_GetCfgFldStrVal:[WARNING]Config header error !! 
NtxHwCfg_GetCfgFldStrVal : error (-2)
Right now I have:

Code:
#ntx_hwconfig -h
NTX HwConfig v1.7.95-20130424 
	Gallen Lin @ Netronix, INC

I've tried to replace the file with the ones in old/new firmwares and no luck, could that be the origin of all Koreader problems? Mine is a refurbished unit that I got recently and in the version file it says OG3182201575B (I've never seen it before), on the PCB inside the reader you can read the more usual code with the K: KG3182201575B.

Have anyone ever found any of these problems? I don't want to give up because I want to have a lightweight app to read and also a better PDF support, but what I really need is a file/directory explorer instead the Nickel library that is really undesirable if you are in college and you have a bunch of PDF files to read every week.

Thanks.
olobolger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 05:37 PM   #1059
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olobolger View Post
Also in the different attempts I've noticed that ntx_hwconfig is not working, this is the output I'm getting:

Code:
#ntx_hwconfig -s -p /dev/mmwcblk0 PCB

NtxHwCfg_GetCfgFldStrVal:[WARNING]Config header error !! 
NtxHwCfg_GetCfgFldStrVal : error (-2)
Right now I have:

Code:
#ntx_hwconfig -h
NTX HwConfig v1.7.95-20130424 
	Gallen Lin @ Netronix, INC

I've tried to replace the file with the ones in old/new firmwares and no luck,
Wouldn't the error message not rather suggest that the data that ntx_hwconfig is trying to read from the sd are corrupted? Maybe you can try to get an iso image.
Old 03-30-2014, 06:09 PM   #1060
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Wouldn't the error message not rather suggest that the data that ntx_hwconfig is trying to read from the sd are corrupted? Maybe you can try to get an iso image.
Actually I think the issue is that on the original Touch (N905) this was not utilized / implemented.

For instance, if you look in /etc/init.d/upgrade-wifi.sh you see
Code:
PLATFORM=freescale
if [ `dd if=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=512 skip=1024 count=1 | grep -c "HW CONFIG"` == 1 ]; then
        CPU=`ntx_hwconfig -s -p /dev/mmcblk0 CPU`
        PLATFORM=$CPU-ntx
fi

if [ $CPU ]; then
        PCB=`ntx_hwconfig -s -p /dev/mmcblk0 PCB`
        RAM=`ntx_hwconfig -s -p /dev/mmcblk0 RAMType`
        RAM_SIZE=`ntx_hwconfig -s -p /dev/mmcblk0 RamSize`

[ $PLATFORM == freescale ] && UBOOT=/mnt/onboard/.kobo/upgrade/u-boot.bin
[ $PLATFORM == freescale ] && KERNEL=/mnt/onboard/.kobo/upgrade/uImage
so if there is NO HW Config section available then PLATFORM remains freescale and UBOOT and KERNEL are set to what could be called default values.

** updated to change n905c to n905

Last edited by PeterT; 03-31-2014 at 01:49 PM.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:27 AM   #1061
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Actually I think the issue is that on the original Touch ... this was not utilized / implemented.
You are right, I forgot about the difference between the Touch models.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:35 AM   #1062
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
"original Touch (N905C)" ?? Are you sure "PeterT" knows the difference between the Touch models?

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 01:48 PM   #1063
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Fine so I made a mistake. Big deal
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:05 AM   #1064
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by serdar0020 View Post
using the new kobo aura 6", FW 3.2.0, nightly build 982
serdar, did you insgall koreader using fmon? I am considering getting an Aura, but I am afraid of bricking it, and wanted some reassurance that some mods are easy peasy - I would definitely want koreader to work as I find the native pdf reader painful to use.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:19 AM   #1065
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
Paola,
I installed Koreader on two Auras using Ken Maltby's instructions and there's been no problems. Logging off the Aura is in fact enough to have the applications erased, in my experience.
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote