Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 07-17-2010, 11:25 PM   #16
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintbradford View Post
The Nook is a very capable unit. Does your wife know you've posted this thread - indicating that you might have a little buyer's remorse?

Heck - I'd get behind it (and my wife) and open an account at the B&N Online Store and hand her a $50 gift certificate for book purchases and GET USING IT NOW!
I'd do even better: I'd point her at the MobileRead ebook section, and follow up with Project Gutenberg. Maybe add a download of Calibre, too.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 05:29 AM   #17
aroidgrower
aroidgrower began at the beginning.

Device: nook ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by roebeet View Post
Did you get it in the Oxford Valley, PA store? If so, you might have my return, reboxed. :-)
I bought this from the Neshaminy store Roebeet
aroidgrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2010, 05:44 AM   #18
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
You bought the Nook at your wife's insistence, then post asking whether it was a bad idea without letting her have a play on it ...

Shame on you ....

Hopefully now remedied .....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 02:46 PM   #19
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroidgrower View Post
Thank you to everyone for the advice.

I did give it to my wife and she is charging it now. I am sure that she will value it and use it a lot. I may have judged this "nook" by its cover so to speak!
which is odd becaude it's packaging, looks, box all screams High End.

This is one well packaged puppy. Even the inside of the box with the color bars, they spared no expense on it's packaging.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote