Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-03-2010, 12:32 AM   #1
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
I just bought another PRS-300

This little device is becoming a bit of a hot item amongst our friends and family. My wife and I just bought another rose PRS-300 from the B&H Photo gang and had it delivered to her sister in Australia as a present.
I had prepared a two-page Calibre setup guide for her and another one to use Adobe software to buy books. She's a total technophobe, so this is a bit of a test for me as well.
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:55 AM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Very nice of you! I bet her sister is going to love it!
Quote:
I had prepared a two-page Calibre setup guide for her and another one to use Adobe software to buy books. She's a total technophobe, so this is a bit of a test for me as well.
If that guide works for her.... it may be something you would like to share with us. There are probably many members who view but don't post, who would benefit from instructions for technophobes.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2010, 01:52 AM   #3
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Very nice of you! I bet her sister is going to love it!

If that guide works for her.... it may be something you would like to share with us. There are probably many members who view but don't post, who would benefit from instructions for technophobes.
That's a good idea! I've basically downloaded a whole bunch of freebie books (including lots of stuff from MB) and fully loaded Calibre with it. Then I zipped the database itself and had her download it from sendbigfiles.com.
I'll see how she goes with the guide and see if it's worth sharing.

Cheers

m-reader
Old 03-04-2010, 05:55 AM   #4
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
A Two 300 household here, your sis is blessed to have a brother like you!
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:12 AM   #5
Koss
Koss began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Its nice seeing the PRS-300 being enjoyed by others! I really am attached to my prs-300!

I hope they enjoy it as much as you do
Koss is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2010, 08:18 AM   #6
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Hey if you have LOT'S of cash to spare ......I NEED a New PRS-600 .... Please
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:30 AM   #7
m-reader
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2960 View Post
Hey if you have LOT'S of cash to spare ......I NEED a New PRS-600 .... Please
Nice try It was a birthday present, the cost split 3 ways
Old 03-04-2010, 10:29 AM   #8
m-reader
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremen Cole View Post
A Two 300 household here, your sis is blessed to have a brother like you!
It's actually my sister in law, but it's close enough She actually calls me her fav brother in law. Hmmm... But me thinks that's because I'm the only one she has
Old 03-04-2010, 11:19 AM   #9
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-reader View Post
Nice try It was a birthday present, the cost split 3 ways

WELL at least worth a try .... You sure your not Mr MoneyBags ?

Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:12 PM   #10
darylbrayman
Connoisseur
darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Mini, Glo, Aura and Aura H20
New PRS-300

I've bought three so far. The last two were for my wife and mother. I sent them this link It's Mobileread's Sony trouble shooting guild. It is priceless, especially for new users.
darylbrayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:37 PM   #11
m-reader
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2960 View Post
WELL at least worth a try .... You sure your not Mr MoneyBags ?
Not exactly Mr MoneyBags, but I'm not in Saudi Arabia because of the weather either I'm saving up to buy me one of them pink Hummers.