Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-23-2021, 08:11 AM   #46
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermighty View Post
oh, one more thing... it has an SD Card on the inside.

That's the final nail in the coffeine for me.

Why must you do this to me, why. I was perfectly happy with my 1st gen H2O. It still works though the touchscreen is wonky sometimes and opens the dictionary instead of flipping the page. Even so no reason to buy a new reader.

White reader with buttons, sd card, and even the back pops off easily so I don't have to cut it open for easy access anymore. It ticks all the boxes for me, it's the perfect reader which I really, really, really shouldn't buy. But...
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 01:26 PM   #47
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
Libra 2 review in English

https://youtu.be/YVwYPWEewl8
thank you. in my opinion it's the best review of the Libra 2 so far. an updated Clara HD with 32GB of storage and the more orange warm light would be enough temptation for me. i'd like to have page turn buttons, but it seems Kobo are only put them on the squarish e-readers.

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2021, 01:36 PM   #48
Almamida
Guru
Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage - Kindle PW5 & Voyage - iPad Pro M1 12.9
My Libra 2 drains battery really fast. I lost almost 80% battery overnight the first night. I removed the automatic sync at night option to check if it would change something, but still, was charged 100% yesterday night around 7:00PM. Was on standby until now and the battery is now 37% full.
Apparently I'm not the only one with this issue. Ironically the Sage battery holds well.
Almamida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 01:59 PM   #49
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almamida View Post
My Libra 2 drains battery really fast. I lost almost 80% battery overnight the first night. I removed the automatic sync at night option to check if it would change something, but still, was charged 100% yesterday night around 7:00PM. Was on standby until now and the battery is now 37% full.
Apparently I'm not the only one with this issue. Ironically the Sage battery holds well.
if and when i buy a new Kobo i'll only put 1 book on it to begin with for the first few days. in the hope of eliminating any problem books that could be causing the battery drain. btw, i'm not saying that this is what's happening in your particular case.

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 07:28 PM   #50
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
Many libra 2 owners in reddit have the same experience. But some of them said they fixed it after factory resetting the device

Also a new sage and libra video review: https://youtu.be/xAb64deT1tw

The reviewer weighed the Sage with the official case and it is 394 grams

The Libra with the case is 328 grams

Last edited by Deobulakenyo; 10-23-2021 at 07:46 PM.
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2021, 02:11 PM   #51
bookyboy
Addict
bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

On manga, I would class them on this order :
Libra H2O < PW4 < Libra2 < Voyage

On reading a book :
PW4 < Libra H2O < Libra 2 <= Voyage

The voyage is still the best screen IMO, but the Libra2 is getting really close! For reading books, I won't have any issue going back and forth the Voyage and Libra2.

Thank you for this comparison. It validates for me...continued enjoyment of my Voyage fleet.

As an aside, it's so crazy/disappointing to me that we are 7 years after the Voyage released and it's still the best screen out there.
bookyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 02:18 PM   #52
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookyboy View Post
As an aside, it's so crazy/disappointing to me that we are 7 years after the Voyage released and it's still the best screen out there.
That's debatable. Yes, it's the screen with the best contrast. But it has no color adjustment options and the frontlight in general could be pretty uneven. While I was not bothered by the uneven light on my Voyage, the lack of color adjustment was a huge drawback for me, once I got used to it on my other ereaders.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 02:20 PM   #53
bookyboy
Addict
bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Yes, it's the screen with the best contrast
That's what I really meant.
Obviously it doesn't have warm light stuff.

I've never seen e-reader as clear and sharp as the Voyage.
bookyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 02:25 PM   #54
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Sadly, I don't have my Oasis anymore (gave it to my mum).
You are supposed to love your Mom and not give her such rubbish when you buy something good for yourself.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 02:25 PM   #55
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 03:07 PM   #56
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
R500 (or a similar device) will work on Libra 2 (and also on Sage).

Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 04:08 PM   #57
Almamida
Guru
Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage - Kindle PW5 & Voyage - iPad Pro M1 12.9
Quote:
Thank you for this comparison. It validates for me...continued enjoyment of my Voyage fleet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
That's debatable. Yes, it's the screen with the best contrast. But it has no color adjustment options and the frontlight in general could be pretty uneven. While I was not bothered by the uneven light on my Voyage, the lack of color adjustment was a huge drawback for me, once I got used to it on my other ereaders.
Quote:
That's what I really meant.
Obviously it doesn't have warm light stuff.

I've never seen e-reader as clear and sharp as the Voyage.
The Voyage has still the best crispness and darker black but, thanks to color warming the Oasis 3 or the Libra 2 and Sage for example have better screens overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You are supposed to love your Mom and not give her such rubbish when you buy something good for yourself.
Why am I not surprised by this coment?
The Oasis is one of my favorite ereader. She lives in France and I can send her from here ebooks remotely either via amazon or email. She has nothing to do, just ask me and it's still the fastest reader I've ever own. She's super happy with it. I might buy another one for myself if they discount it for Black Friday
Almamida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 01:03 AM   #58
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I am looking at purchasing my first Kobo.

Can I start using it out of the box, fully functional or does it need an Kobo account and registration?
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 02:09 AM   #59
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
I am looking at purchasing my first Kobo.

Can I start using it out of the box, fully functional or does it need an Kobo account and registration?
It needs to be registered to an email address. Ironically that email address doesn’t have to actually exist, as Kobo do not confirm email addresses during set up, but most people register their kobo to a kobo account.

I use mine through calibre so whilst I have registered it to a Kobo account I have no ebook purchases on that account.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 02:31 AM   #60
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
@Josieb1

Ok, so I can just enter an email address in the ereader and get it working and then start sideloading my ebooks.

I also have the option of creating an account and linking my kobo account to my kobo ereader. I suppose this is for book purchases.

Thanks
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote