Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-01-2017, 04:14 PM   #1
LitlWillie
LitlWillie began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Links - Open ebook in Calibre from pc folder

My OS is Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. I would like to open a book in my Calibre library by clicking on a link in a sub-folder of the OS Documents folder.

I know how to create a link the launches Calibre but Calibre creates a a second copy by importing the ebook. What I would like to do is have Calibre open the ebook already in it's library.

I this even possible?

Thanks, Dave
LitlWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 04:31 PM   #2
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
You need to create a link to ebook-viewer which is in the same directory as the other calibre binaries, and use that to open your book:
ebook-viewer /path/to/ebook

I'm assuming you want to view the ebook in the viewer...

https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/gen...ok-viewer.html
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, linking