Notices

Old 08-03-2016, 02:26 PM   #31
Byron4120
Enthusiast
Byron4120 began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Where do I see these reports of devices not being seen with Windows 10 preview? I'd like to see if there are bug reports with the released version.
The reports are numerous and are posted on the feedback hub. Both IPOD and KOBO failed on the prerelease track around a month or so ago - The IPOD (for me) was fixed a couple weeks ago - Sorry for 5S report above.
Byron4120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 04:50 PM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron4120 View Post
The reports are numerous and are posted on the feedback hub. Both IPOD and KOBO failed on the prerelease track around a month or so ago - The IPOD (for me) was fixed a couple weeks ago - Sorry for 5S report above.
Is there a way to access the feedback hub? I try to get the app from the Windows store and the free button is greyed out.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2016, 04:58 PM   #33
snazzyapeman
snazzyapeman began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Should we start a release thread? There's no going back for me. (Although I have plenty of non-Win 10 systems which work fine, just not my main desktop). Also I wonder if my situation is different on the Glo HD since Windows sees it, but wants to format it.
snazzyapeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 05:39 PM   #34
ne0rmatrix
Enthusiast
ne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: kobo Aura HD,Apple Ipad Mini,Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4,LG G4
Aura HD Windows 10 driver issue

Ok i think i have figured out what issue might be. With Windows 10 Anniversary update Microsoft started enforcing driver signing on x64 platform with secure boot enabled. So if kobo has unsigned driver it will not be recognized. I can see the drive in windows but it is not accessible in read/write. Just blank drive icon. So it cannot be read or written too.
ne0rmatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 05:40 PM   #35
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by snazzyapeman View Post
Should we start a release thread? There's no going back for me. (Although I have plenty of non-Win 10 systems which work fine, just not my main desktop). Also I wonder if my situation is different on the Glo HD since Windows sees it, but wants to format it.
Possibly a bit different. When you go into disk management, what does it show for your Glo HD's internal storage? My H2O's internal storage shows up there as 3.17GB of unallocated storage. When I click on the drive icon, Windows wants me to insert a disk.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2016, 05:43 PM   #36
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ne0rmatrix View Post
Ok i think i have figured out what issue might be. With Windows 10 Anniversary update Microsoft started enforcing driver signing on x64 platform with secure boot enabled. So if kobo has unsigned driver it will not be recognized. I can see the drive in windows but it is not accessible in read/write. Just blank drive icon. So it cannot be read or written too.
Unfortunately, the same issue is seen on Windows 10 x86 without secure boot.
Old 08-03-2016, 05:44 PM   #37
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron4120 View Post
I'd hoped that when the release notes said the issue was fixed for the iPod, that it was also fixed for my 5S but no joy.
Old 08-03-2016, 06:01 PM   #38
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Is there a way to access the feedback hub? I try to get the app from the Windows store and the free button is greyed out.
Join the Preview? Open Settings => Update and Security => Windows Insider Program => Get Started.

You will need to use a Microsoft account to log into your computer for this to work. It'll take a while for things to percolate.

You too can enjoy turning your computer into a bug fest!
Old 08-03-2016, 06:16 PM   #39
snazzyapeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Possibly a bit different. When you go into disk management, what does it show for your Glo HD's internal storage?
Same, unallocated.

I just reinstalled my USB/chipset drivers, now I'm getting insert a disk. Although it still wants to format my mp3 player (SanDisk), didn't realize how pervasive this is, nice job MS.

Edit (next day). Someone in the other thread suggested if the Kobo desktop ap were open it would work. Nope. Also Windows is back to wanting to format it today. Putting Calibre on win7 machine. Don't think there will be a user fix.

Last edited by snazzyapeman; 08-04-2016 at 04:28 PM.
Old 08-04-2016, 04:46 PM   #40
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Would someone with the Anniversary Update please try the following...

Download and install the Kobo desktop app (https://www.kobo.com/desktop).
Launch the app.
Plugin your Kobo device. It should now mount without issue and show up on the Kobo app.
Launch Calibre.
It should recognize your Kobo device.

Thanks.
Old 08-04-2016, 04:58 PM   #41
ne0rmatrix
Enthusiast
ne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: kobo Aura HD,Apple Ipad Mini,Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4,LG G4
Quote:

Launch the app.
Plugin your Kobo device. It should now mount without issue and show up on the Kobo app.
Launch Calibre.

Thanks.
Tried following your directions. No luck. Rebooted and tried install again. No joy. Will try on another device. Desktop was no go but I am now going to try with laptop.

Edit: Ok tried laptop. Followed directions exactly. No luck. Device not seen in Kobo app or calibre. Windows see's it as a drive but can't access it or anything.

Last edited by ne0rmatrix; 08-04-2016 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Update
ne0rmatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 06:00 PM   #42
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Someone with this problem willing to experiment by installing a mod to their Kobo?

Posted this in the wrong thread earlier: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...01#post3365101

I don't have Windows myself so looking for guinea pig
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 06:16 PM   #43
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
Someone with this problem willing to experiment by installing a mod to their Kobo?

Posted this in the wrong thread earlier: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...01#post3365101

I don't have Windows myself so looking for guinea pig
Find someone with a Glo HD who is running the latest firmware as the Glo HD is rather easy to open and get access to the SD card.
Old 08-04-2016, 09:59 PM   #44
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:

Launch the app.
Launch Calibre.
Jon: There is absolutely no reason that those instructions would work. The desktop application is not needed and doesn't install anything that will change the way that Windows access the device. The only thing it might do is to download a firmware update to the device. If there isn't one available, nothing will be done.

Of course, as the desktop application isn't working with the Anniversary update, there is no way to get it to do anything for a device that is connected.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 02:20 AM   #45
snazzyapeman

I have tried plugging in with both the desktop and the metro app, no dice. Still wants to format it for me.