Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-12-2019, 02:07 PM   #1
Cool Javelin
Enthusiast
Cool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle (early)
Android Kindle reader alternative.

I have been using the Kindle reader on my android device for a few yeard now.

Some features I must have are...
1) A way of sending a book from my Calibre to my reader (not using a wired conniction) ( preferably using an email address so I can do it while I'm on the road.)

2) A better way of keeping track of the books I've read.

3) A way of syncing books between devices to keep track of my place in a specific book.

The Kindle reader on the Android, while fairly sophisticated, has several shortcomings.

These include:
there is a homepage, a library, and a device, there's things that are downloaded or not, things that are read or not and it's not always clear the status of the books I see.

Is there another system, besides the Kindle reader, to do these things I would like?

Ideally, I would like to continue to use the Amazon service because it's simple for Calibre to email a book to my Amazon account and have it show up on my Kindle reader on my Android.

So an e-book reader that can access the Amazon Library would be ideal.

However, failing that, I wouldn't mind changing the entire service from Amazon to another eBook reader and another synchronizing service.

Would anyone have any suggestions for me to look through?

Thanks, Mark.
Cool Javelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 02:24 PM   #2
deynon
deynon began at the beginning.

Device: none
I have a LIkebook Mars and I don't have such problems.Even if I open other apps I can see the progression of the books itself
And you can stil use the kindle app^^
deynon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2019, 10:21 AM   #3
ilyats
Connoisseur
ilyats doesn't litterilyats doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook Muses T78D
Have you installed Kindle App through Google Store or through Boyue applications manager? The latter is an old version of the app which was hacked by somebody to make it flip pages without animations. You might try removing the app and installing the modern one from Google Play. (But you will get these animations which are annoying on e-Ink screen and probably increase the battery usage.)
ilyats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 01:38 PM   #4
Cool Javelin
Enthusiast
Cool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a TexanCool Javelin might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle (early)
Ilyats: Installed via Google play store. In fact, I just updated the other day. The Kindle reader is getting better, but they still have some refining to do.
Cool Javelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 02:16 AM   #5
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
i don't know of an alternative app that can handle all of Amazon's book formats ( mobi, KFX...)
if you are willing to convert your amazon books to epub then there are several popular reader apps - one of those may suit

but there is no way to sync reading position across formats, except the lo-tech solutions of remembering which chapter you stopped at
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert