Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 02-07-2008, 07:46 PM   #1
Lector
Lector began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Mobipocket in PRS 505

It's possible to install Mobipocket support in Sony PRS 505? I'm taking about Hack.
Do you think this hack will be possible in the future?

Excuse my english..

Traduccion: ¿Es posible instalar Mobipocket support en el Sony Reader 505?

Saludos desde España!

Last edited by Lector; 02-07-2008 at 08:08 PM.
Lector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:57 PM   #2
shousa
Groupie
shousa doesn't littershousa doesn't littershousa doesn't litter

No, the DRM cannot be broken, I believe.
shousa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2008, 10:12 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Actually, the DRM can be broken as long as one of the PIDs is known.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:24 PM   #4
shousa
Groupie

Really? Can it be done easily?
Old 02-07-2008, 10:26 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
~200 lines of code
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2008, 10:47 PM   #6
shousa
Groupie

For the Sony reader (not Kindle in which case the DRM is still there but bypassed?) I was unaware the DRM had been "broken" allowing you to generate a .lrf for it?
Old 02-07-2008, 11:10 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah it has been
Old 02-08-2008, 12:46 AM   #8
flashgordonv
flashgordonv began at the beginning.

Device: Rocket EBook
Big Mobi Library

Well I own a couple of hundred Mobipocket titles which I have acquired over the years to read on my various PDAs. Exactly how can I get to read them on the 505 please?
flashgordonv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 01:12 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

sorry mobileread has an anti-anti-DRM policy
Old 02-08-2008, 07:32 AM   #10
Lector
Lector began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
?¿.... But.. DRM It can be broken.. it's possible?

I'm sure that one day Mobipokect and others programs could be install in the PRS 505. It's Sony.. like PSP.. like Playstation.. ALL Hacking.
Lector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 10:06 AM   #11
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lector View Post
?¿.... But.. DRM It can be broken.. it's possible?
It can and has been broken. There was a program out there, but it was pulled quickly after lawyers got involved. You won't find it anywhere, believe me I've tried.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 10:50 PM   #12
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Actually, Sony's DRM hasn't been broken (not that it's impossible...), but you can generate LRF files which do not have DRM.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:24 AM   #13
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Do you mean that you can generate a non DRM LRF file from a Sony DRM (i.e. LRX) file, or just that you can use LRF files?
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 02:05 PM   #14
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
The latter.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:01 PM   #15
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Ah. It would be nice if someone breaks Sony's DRM at some point. I would like the ability to convert the sony drm books that I have purchased to another format if Sony drops support at some point (either drops the product line or converts to a more standard format). I suspect it's just a case of getting someone with the right skill set interested in the project.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote