Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-29-2019, 07:59 AM   #1
gece
gece is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.gece is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.gece is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.gece is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.gece is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.gece is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.gece is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.gece is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.gece is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.gece is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.gece is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Pro
Onyx Boox Note Pro and Kindle e-books

Hello,

I intend to buy a 10" e-book reader and the Onyx Boox Note Pro is my favourite choice but I miss some information to take my decision.
I have a large library of Kindle e-books. Is the Boox Note Pro natively reading the Kindle e-books format (azw)?
If not, a solution could be to download the Kindle application from Google Play but I read some info here that Android e-Readers can no longer access Google Play. But I also read a more recent info here on how to activate Google Play on Onyx Boox e-readers. So I am confused.
Above all that, Onyx Boox is apparently going to upgrade soon from Android 6 to Android 9 (see here) and I don't know if this will have repercussions on the access / non-access to Google Play.

So, in short, can I read Kindle e-books with the Boox Note Pro natively?
If not, can I access Google Play to download the Kindle application?
if the answer to the 2 above questions is no, is there an alternative?

Many thanks in advance for your reply.

gece
gece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 09:12 AM   #2
M4H35H
Connoisseur
M4H35H doesn't litterM4H35H doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-950, Hanvon E920, Onyx Boox Note Lite, Boox Max2
To answer the first part of your question, Kindle app (the regular one, not Kindle Lite) works fine on my Boox Note Lite. I have stopped converting formats. Google Play failed a few times saying "device not Play certified" or something similar, but it worked eventually after a few tries.
M4H35H is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2019, 10:17 AM   #3
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Alreader and fbreader read azw3. You can install both.

Converting to epub in Calibre is super easy.

Removing drm is the most tricky bit.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 11:04 AM   #4
Gameboy213
Connoisseur
Gameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox Note 2 , Kindle Oasis 2018
I use the Kindle app everyday on my Note Pro. Books and a nytimes sub. Works very well. No issues. You can even make it work smoother by following the optimization settings and adjusting some things. Replaced my Oasis as soon as I got this Pro.
Gameboy213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 11:34 AM   #5
gece
gece is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.gece is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.gece is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.gece is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.gece is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.gece is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.gece is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.gece is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.gece is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.gece is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.gece is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Pro
Thanks for your replies

gece
gece is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert