Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-15-2018, 02:29 AM   #1
togetic77
togetic77 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Calibre Error communicating with device

I have a Kindle Fire hd 10 64gb, and resently i've been getting "error in communicating with device" When trying to connect to calibre.

I've deleted and reinstalled calibre and my ebook library.
Did a hard reset on my kindle
Rebooted the computer and kindle
I don't want to master reset my kindle if i don't have too.
Can anyone please assist me with my problem. Thanks

This is the error that i'm getting:

calibre, version 3.34.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

Cannot write to file: hr=2147944029 facility=7 error_code=1629 description: Data supplied is of wrong type.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 510, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 285, in books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 311, in write_metadata_cache
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 151, in put_calibre_file
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 37, in check_thread
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 441, in put_file
WPDError: Cannot write to file: hr=2147944029 facility=7 error_code=1629 description: Data supplied is of wrong type.

Last edited by togetic77; 11-15-2018 at 03:00 AM.
togetic77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 04:31 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
the only other thing to try is to look for and delete the metadata.calibre file on the device.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert