Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 04-03-2018, 05:30 AM   #1
Muller
Muller began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle oasis
Date after the title

Hello ! The date of the edition of the newspapers used to appear automatically in the title after the download. (This is useful to distinguish the editions on my Kindle.) But then, about 3 weeks ago, it stopped. (Maybe I changed a setting, but I can't remember.) So I modified the recipes I use and added the date myself :

For example, for the New York Times, instead of

title = 'The New York Times'

I put

title = 'The New York Times'+' ['+time.strftime('%d %b %Y')+']'

The problem is that the date now appears in the very name of the recipe and this seems to prevent Calibre from cancelling automatically the old editions after a number of days that can be specified in the settings of the recipe.

Would there be a way to solve this problem ?

Thanks !
Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 05:40 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Dates are not added to titles when using a Kindle output profile, this is because Kindles display dates for periodical files automatically. If you are sending your news downloads via email to the Kindle then amazon screws that up, in that case you might as well use a non-Kindle output profile, such as the tablet or generic e-ink output profiles.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 06:06 AM   #3
Muller
Muller began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle oasis
Thanks a lot, Kovid ! I'll try that.
Muller is offline   Reply With Quote