Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-07-2017, 09:02 AM   #1
ODelphi
Enthusiast
ODelphi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ODelphi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ODelphi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ODelphi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ODelphi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ODelphi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ODelphi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ODelphi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ODelphi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ODelphi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ODelphi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox N96
Book Annotations on Boox

Hello Friends,

I want to talk about the notes on books at Boox:

The device saves epub notes in txt and mrk files with the same name as the book. This makes backup easier. This ensures that the size of the note file is small. Whereas, Kindle records the notes of each book into a single file. Over time the size of that file is growing too. And it becomes unusable. But I don't know yet where the device records the notes in the PDF documents.

Did you come across a program that could show books with their Boox notes? On the PC or Android environment? Because Boox seems to be open source. Therefore, there may be compatible software. So we can see books with their notes on every platform. Would not it be nice? Book notes can be viewed in every Android Reader.

Though, it requires industry standard. No standard yet! So notes taken with the X device do not appear on the Y device. Boox looks like the best option on the market. Still, there is not yet a solution that would rescue books with their notes at the device where they are imprisoned.

Does anyone have investigated this issue? What are your ideas?
ODelphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 05:22 PM   #2
Geremia
Addict
Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Calibre
AlReader *.mrk files

AlReader saves as *.mrk files. I'm not sure what those are, but when I open one in a text editor, I get gibberish.

Are *.mrk files a standard bookmark file format?

Last edited by Geremia; 08-05-2020 at 05:31 PM.
Geremia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2020, 04:58 PM   #3
Tume
Tume began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geremia View Post
AlReader saves as *.mrk files. I'm not sure what those are, but when I open one in a text editor, I get gibberish.

Are *.mrk files a standard bookmark file format?
This is 3 years old topic lol
Tume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 05:27 PM   #4
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tume View Post
This is 3 years old topic lol
That may be the case. However, some users are new to Onyx devices and it isn't always easy to locate information which might be buried in various threads.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 10:23 AM   #5
Crowriver
Groupie
Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many!
There seem to be a variety of "expert" opinions on the interwebs about what a .mrk flle is and what software, data, and devices it may be commonly associated with...
Crowriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert