Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-17-2011, 10:28 PM   #61
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
I need to stop hanging out here, you guys are a very bad influence on a struggling ebook hoarder! I thought I was done on Sunday but noooo, you have to tell me the code is still active so of course I added another $15 to my total.

Spoiler:
4.00 - 1 Jabril [MultiFormat] by D. B. Reynolds
1.40 - 1 Arctic Winds [MultiFormat] by Sondrae Bennett
1.80 - 1 The Billionaire Next Door [Secure eReader] by Jessica Bird
2.52 - 1 The Turning [Blood Ties Book One] [Secure eReader] by Jennifer Armintrout
1.80 - 1 Cold Ridge [U. S. Marshals Series Book 1] [Secure eReader] by Carla Neggers
1.80 - 1 Missing [Secure eReader] by Sharon Sala
2.88 - 1 The Healer [Secure eReader] by Sharon Sala
1.20 - 1 Roses For My Lady [MultiFormat] by Allison Knight
2.52 - 1 Blame it on Cupid [Secure eReader] by Jennifer Greene
2.16 - 1 Marrying the Captain [Secure eReader] by Carla Kelly
2.16 - 1 The Surgeon's Lady [Secure eReader] by Carla Kelly
2.16 - 1 Marrying the Royal Marine [Secure eReader] by Carla Kelly
2.00 - 1 Beau Crusoe [Secure eReader] by Carla Kelly
1.60 - 1 The Calling [A Night Breeds Novel] [MultiFormat] by Lily Graison
1.60 - 1 The Gathering [A Night Breeds Novel] [MultiFormat] by Lily Graison
2.40 - 1 Forbidden Thunder [MultiFormat] by Kathleen Lash
2.40 - 1 Blood Destiny [MultiFormat] by Tessa Dawn
2.80 - 1 Tall, Dark and Deadly: Get Lucky\Taylor's Temptation [Secure eReader] by Suzanne Brockmann
2.38 - 1 When You Dare [Secure eReader] by Lori Foster
-----
41.58 - Total - 19 books
Good choices!
The Carla Kelly books is really good. I love that series!
I haven't read When You Dare yet but I heard it's really good.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:04 PM   #62
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
I need to stop hanging out here, you guys are a very bad influence on a struggling ebook hoarder! I thought I was done on Sunday but noooo, you have to tell me the code is still active so of course I added another $15 to my total.
Tell me about it. I intended to buy exactly ONE book: The Murder of My Aunt. Somehow I ended up with 25.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2011, 11:26 PM   #63
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Good choices!
The Carla Kelly books is really good. I love that series!
I haven't read When You Dare yet but I heard it's really good.
I just finished the Admiral's Penniless Bride which was purchased during the March 50% Kobo code binge. I liked it so I thought I'd grab the rest at these prices. Sooo many of my recent purchases are new authors for me or the first in a series, this could be bad news for Visa if I find I like them when the next mega-code comes up.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:46 AM   #64
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post

ETA: These are my additional books:

• Gil Brewer: Flight to Darkness
  • George Harmon Coxe: One Minute Past Eight
  • Jonathan Craig: Dirge for a Nude
  • Bruno Fischer: We Are All Dead
  • Fletcher Flora: Heels Are For Hating and Other Stories
  • David Goodis: The Blue Sweetheart
  • Henry Kane: One Little Bullet, Hang by Your Neck, and Skip a Beat
  • Craig Rice: Don't Go Near and I'm a Stranger Here Myself and Other Stories
  • Stewart Sterling: The Hinges of Hell
Oh crap - you're going to make me go back there again.

Quote:
You're welcome.

And it will probably still be good today.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:12 AM   #65
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post
Oh crap - you're going to make me go back there again.

And it will probably still be good today.
Check out this publisher.

One interesting title here is The Price of Salt--they don't note it, but that's an early Patricia Highsmith book, written under a pseudonym.

ETA: Actually, I see they do say it's by Highsmith in the description.

Last edited by Catlady; 05-18-2011 at 10:21 AM.
Advert
Old 05-18-2011, 06:44 PM   #66
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Check out this publisher.

One interesting title here is The Price of Salt--they don't note it, but that's an early Patricia Highsmith book, written under a pseudonym.

ETA: Actually, I see they do say it's by Highsmith in the description.
Ack! I'm glad we don't get these coupons that often or I would have to get a second job.

The coupon is still working. I checked out your publisher link and thanks (I think ) - got a couple of those. That particular Highsmith one didn't interest me, but funny you should mention her, as some of the characters in Richard Hull's books remind me of her characters.

I went back and got these:

Cropper's Cabin [MultiFormat] by Jim Thompson
Monte Carlo Mission [MultiFormat] by Vivian Connell
Lost Lady [MultiFormat] by Octavus Roy Cohen
The Lucky Stiff [MultiFormat] by Craig Rice
The Hinges of Hell [MultiFormat] by Stewart Sterling
Alarm In The Night [MultiFormat] by Stewart Sterling
One Minute Past Eight [MultiFormat] by George Harmon Coxe
Red Jade: A Detective Jack Yu Investigation [Secure eReader] by Henry Chang
Loyal Character Dancer [Secure eReader] by Qiu Xiaolong
Old 05-18-2011, 09:10 PM   #67
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
The coupon better become invalid soon... I can't stop buying ebooks. For those using Calibre and Apprentice Alf's plugins, ereader books are easy as pie to transport to other readers.
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:27 PM   #68
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post
Ack! I'm glad we don't get these coupons that often or I would have to get a second job.
I added four more myself--and put a few more on my wish list.
  • William Ard: A Private Party
  • Octavus Roy Cohen: Lost Lady
  • William H. Fielding: Take Me As I Am
  • Ryerson Johnson: Lady in Dread

At least we're encouraging these publishers to reissue more pulp fiction!
Old 05-19-2011, 12:15 AM   #69
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Added a few more myself. A couple extra e-Reads books seem to have dropped in the meantime to pricematch the recent changes in other stores. Nothing really that I wanted from my wishlist, but if you had anything of theirs on yours, it's probably worth checking back.

Mostly I picked up stuff from the wishlist which looked interesting and read well in the sample (and were dirt cheap, too).

2.40 - 1 The Gallows in the Greenwood [MultiFormat] by Phyllis Ann Karr
1.20 - 1 Memory and Desire [MultiFormat] by Lillian Stewart Carl
4.00 - 1 China to Me: A Partial Autobiography [MultiFormat] by Emily Hahn
2.80 - 1 Moonlight [MultiFormat] by Susan Dexter

The coupon, incidentally, continues to work. Although I wouldn't bet on its lasting more than a few more hours, in case anyone else wants to do some more late night last-minute shopping.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:35 AM   #70
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I picked up a few more tonight too when I realized I was missing some in a series I was organizing. lol

1.98 - 1 Killer Cargo [Secure eReader] by Dana Mentink
2.00 - 1 Doctor Right [Secure eReader] by Janet Tronstad
2.00 - 1 Treasure Creek Dad [Secure eReader] by Terri Reed

I admit if I had more money I would just wipe out my HQ wishlist.

I'm already preparing for the next time they offer a mega coupon.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:55 AM   #71
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Just went and got another batch from the newly pricematched e-Reads stuff. Why yes, I have poor impulse control, thanks for noticing.

But I console myself with the fact that they're all either 1st in series and the samples read well w/author bio indicating acclaim or awards, or authors I'd been meaning to try already.

2.80 - 1 Crisis! [MultiFormat] by James Gunn
2.80 - 1 Crescent in the Sky [MultiFormat] by Donald Moffitt
2.00 - 1 Crystal Skull [MultiFormat] by Rob MacGregor
2.00 - 1 China Song [MultiFormat] by Elizabeth Lane
2.80 - 1 Cloned Lives [MultiFormat] by Pamela Sargent

I think that's probably it until I've gone and read these things and decide whether or not to pick up the next in series/other works the next time FW hopefully does this kind of discount.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:14 PM   #72
NightBird
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tselling View Post
The coupon better become invalid soon... I can't stop buying ebooks.
It is now dead - RIP.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:56 PM   #73
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Phew, I was sitting on my hands but I made it without any more purchases.

Now aren't we just about due for a good Kobo code?
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:03 PM   #74
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Oh I hope so my Kobo store credit is just sitting there waiting for a good coupon. 20% off is meh. I buy Harlequin's newest from there usually but this time I got most of May's from Fictionwise. However June is right around the corner so it all starts over.

Now I know it's over I can make a wish list before I was afraid to log in because I knew I probably buy something else and hubby's eye are already buggin' from the amount I spent during this sale.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:11 PM   #75
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Now aren't we just about due for a good Kobo code?
My wishlist is groaning for a good Kobo coupon; the Fictionwise coupon was great but didn't put a large enough dent in the wishlist 'cause most of what's on there is not available at FW

(Edited to do a for my 200th post; this is the most I've ever posted in any online community - I must like you guys )

Last edited by Loosheesh; 05-19-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote