Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-30-2010, 03:00 PM   #46
dima_tr
Groupie
dima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-books

Device: Iliad v2, DR800S (inlove)
Alright, here's the .cbz plugin version for v2 RC2. Luckily code changes were minimal, I made small beatifications in names/files/dirs. The plugin works fine on my DR800S device.

As of today v2 RC3 is available, thus another update is foreseen. iRex guys has already put the sources for the latest document plugins onto web (thank you for working so fast!!). As far as I could see the changes between image plugin RC2 and RC3 are not trivial, so additional work from my side will be required (= a bit more time for integration).

Enjoy!

For building from sources go to folder document-viewer-.....-v2rc2/plugins/comics/ and execute build_all_from_scratch.sh
Attached Files
File Type: zip Comics_v2rc2.zip (130.8 KB, 888 views)
File Type: zip document-viewwer-plugins-comics-v2rc2.zip (1.70 MB, 573 views)

Last edited by dima_tr; 07-06-2010 at 12:20 PM. Reason: added sources
dima_tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:11 PM   #47
netboy
Enthusiast
netboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watch

Device: prs-505, prs-950, irex dr800sg
I think I love you. Thanks!
netboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2010, 06:56 PM   #48
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Darn, you beat me to it. When you post source, feel free to post the whole folder rather than just a diff. No real reason to do otherwise, IMO.

This is one of the reasons chasing RC builds is painful though. Annoying to have to tweak every time the devs do anything.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:56 AM   #49
al1972
Enthusiast
al1972 began at the beginning.

Device: DR800SG, IPad
Thumbs up Thank you! Thank you!

I have no words to say, how big my appreciation...
al1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:05 AM   #50
al1972
Enthusiast
al1972 began at the beginning.

Device: DR800SG, IPad
BTW, works fine on RC3.
al1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2010, 05:01 AM   #51
dima_tr
Groupie
dima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-books

Yes, but may be missing improvements in image processing (which I could see in the iRex sources). Does not matter much as long as it works Some day later I will integrate the plugin properly to use RC3 features like zoom improvements.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:12 PM   #52
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dima_tr View Post
Yes, but may be missing improvements in image processing (which I could see in the iRex sources). Does not matter much as long as it works Some day later I will integrate the plugin properly to use RC3 features like zoom improvements.
Depends on where iRex put the image processing. If it is part of the GTK2 libraries, the plugin should just pick them up.

Also, there are some big issues with image processing in ePub/PDF due to ADE, which is what the release notes may be talking about.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:35 PM   #53
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man
allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo, Nook Classic,Color,ST/Glow, iRex DR1000, Sony 505, REB1100&1200
I'm finally back to all things iRex DR1000 and I have started playing around with the V2 firmware. Noticed that is no longer possible to flip through image folders using the page forward/back buttons. Started searching for a solution short of painstakingly converting scanned docs into epubs or worse, PDF. Came across this thread...

And your plugin works fine in RC3 on the DR1000!! What a timesaver! So much better too than the 1000s of files (images) slowing down the DR1000 on the old firmware!

Now I just wish that among other small issues they would bring back a 100% / original size zoom option... unless I missed something?

Last edited by allovertheglobe; 07-02-2010 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Typos etc.
allovertheglobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:24 PM   #54
dima_tr
Groupie

Uploaded the sources, so anyone interested can build, see the post in the beginning of the page. Included are all document-viewer-plugin sources from v2rc2.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:53 PM   #55
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>

Very, very few changes... looks like it's just a couple interface changes to support zooming a bit better in UDS plugins. Nice.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:38 PM   #56
bokjeid
Addict
bokjeid began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
Thank you!! It works!!
BTW, an additional function that splits a image vertically by half if its width is longer than its height is possible? Like the one of Kindle DX, for two-paged image files of comics you know.
bokjeid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:16 PM   #57
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokjeid View Post
Thank you!! It works!!
BTW, an additional function that splits a image vertically by half if its width is longer than its height is possible? Like the one of Kindle DX, for two-paged image files of comics you know.
It's possible. I took the easy route and rotated those pages instead.

There are a couple tricks that make it difficult though, is that you need to scan the book and find all the wide pages. It would add to the time it takes to load a comic in order to support it.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:44 AM   #58
yuri_b
Connoisseur
yuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enough

Device: irex dr800sg DR1000S
Something strange happens. When I install comics plug-in - djvu plugin stops to works. Somebody knows what to do?
yuri_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 05:35 PM   #59
dima_tr
Groupie

+1. I have the same problem. Initially djvu used to work on [most] of the files, then I have not been using it for quite a long time. Last week tried - no luck. And surely I have comics installed, on 2.0 RC3.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:10 PM   #60
penartur
Groupie
penartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the rough

Device: PRS500 (great UX and BQ), DR800SG (great screen and features)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dima_tr View Post
Alright, here's the .cbz plugin version for v2 RC2. Luckily code changes were minimal, I made small beatifications in names/files/dirs. The plugin works fine on my DR800S device.

As of today v2 RC3 is available, thus another update is foreseen. iRex guys has already put the sources for the latest document plugins onto web (thank you for working so fast!!). As far as I could see the changes between image plugin RC2 and RC3 are not trivial, so additional work from my side will be required (= a bit more time for integration).

Enjoy!

For building from sources go to folder document-viewer-.....-v2rc2/plugins/comics/ and execute build_all_from_scratch.sh
Unfortunately, when i'm trying to "Install Comics Plugin", i'm getting the message "Application cannot be opened. Possibly the application is already open. Close it first and try again". The same thing with "Remove Comics Plugin".
I've previously installed the original version of Comics Plugin, and there were no problems during the installation (altough, of course, i couldn't open cbz files with it).
I'm using v2 RC3 firmware.

UPD: Oh, stupid me, i've just looked into a .desktop file and realized that the "Programs" folder should be placed in the root directory of flash drive. I've placed it under "Personal Documents" previously.
penartur is offline   Reply With Quote