Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-06-2022, 07:16 PM   #31
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
I've seen this deal on a couple of different sites, but can't find a link on Amazon's site, possibly because the deal doesn't start until October 11, 2022. Consider this YMMV for the moment, but at least everyone will know to look for it once the 11th is here.

Amazon Gift Cards -- while supplies last

Buy $50 Amazon Gift Card, get $10 promotional credit October 11 - 12, 2022.

Terms & Conditions

Spoiler:
  • Deal valid 10/11-10/12
  • Limit 1 per customer. $10 promotional credit will be automatically applied to your account and emailed to you within three (3) days after delivery
  • Promotional offers and options may vary, while supplies last
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 11:56 PM   #32
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
I've seen this deal on a couple of different sites, but can't find a link on Amazon's site, possibly because the deal doesn't start until October 11, 2022. Consider this YMMV for the moment, but at least everyone will know to look for it once the 11th is here.

Amazon Gift Cards -- while supplies last

Buy $50 Amazon Gift Card, get $10 promotional credit October 11 - 12, 2022.

Terms & Conditions

Spoiler:
  • Deal valid 10/11-10/12
  • Limit 1 per customer. $10 promotional credit will be automatically applied to your account and emailed to you within three (3) days after delivery
  • Promotional offers and options may vary, while supplies last
Thanks for posting this

It was announced in today's press release. So far, no link.
Quote:
Get a $10 credit: From October 11-12, Prime members will receive a future $10 promotional credit with the purchase of $50 gift card from top brands, including but not limited to Amazon, Panera, GAP, and Fanatics. Promotional offers and options may vary, while supplies last.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2022, 09:08 AM   #33
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Quote:
top brands, including but not limited to Amazon
Oho! This seems a new wrinkle and of potential interest. $50 at Amazon is fine, but $50 elsewhere might be of more immediate use.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 09:28 AM   #34
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I was hoping for 99 cent streaming channels but no joy...
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 04:17 PM   #35
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Amazon's New Prime Early Access Sale Kicks Off October 11-12

Quote:
by Offering Early Holiday Deals, Exclusively for Prime Members

Prime members can start checking off their holiday gift list with the largest savings ever of 80% off select Fire TV smart TVs; and up to 50% off select JBL, Sony, and Bose ear buds, speakers, and headphones

For the first time ever, Peloton will offer exclusive deals of 15% off the Peloton Bike with delivery available to select locations and up to 25% off select accessories and apparel, and Prime members can shop some of Amazon’s lowest prices of the year on select products from Solo Stove, Caudalie, Murad, and Philips Sonicare, and deals on other must-have brands like Orolay jackets and Hydro Flask
Quote:
SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct. 6, 2022-- (NASDAQ: AMZN)—Today, Amazon announced a sneak peek of the top deals that Prime members can shop during the new Prime Early Access Sale. The sale is a two-day event, October 11-12, offering Prime members exclusive access to early deals this holiday season. Throughout the event, hundreds of thousands of deals will be available on products across categories, like must-have electronics from Samsung and Sony, popular home and kitchen products from Casper and Ninja, must-have toys from Melissa & Doug and Hasbro, beauty favorites from Drybar and Caudalie, and top fashion picks from Calvin Klein and Orolay. Members can also shop hundreds of thousands of deals from Amazon selling partners globally. Most of Amazon selling partners are small and medium-sized businesses, including women-owned, Black-owned, and military family-owned businesses.

“As we kick off the holiday season, we’re so excited to find new ways to surprise and delight our Amazon Prime members,” said Jamil Ghani, vice president of Amazon Prime. “During Prime Early Access Sale, members will be able to shop some of the best holiday deals of the season, including first-time deals from national must-have brands like Peloton and some of Amazon’s lowest prices of the year.”

Deals Preview: Prime Early Access Sale

As part of the event, Amazon is introducing a Top 100 list of some of the season’s most popular and giftable items, including Amazon devices and other products from across beauty, electronics, fashion, home, pets, and toys. New deals will drop every 30 minutes during select periods of the event at amazon.com/earlyaccess or on the Amazon shopping app. Holiday shopping can work up an appetite, so Prime members in the U.S. can score 20% off (up to $10) on Grubhub orders using code Prime20. This 48-hour deal is available for orders over $15 and can only be used once. Prime members must be signed up for the existing free, one-year Grubhub+ membership trial, available at amazon.com/grubhub.

Here is a first look of some of the best deals that will be available during Prime Early Access Sale:

more...

Last edited by tubemonkey; 10-11-2022 at 01:26 AM.
Advert
Old 10-10-2022, 04:25 PM   #36
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Prime Early Access Sale starts tonight at 12:00 am PT

This sale looks to be pretty lame. I don't even know why Amazon is doing it when Black Friday is just a month away. To me, the only deal worthwhile is another gift card promo:

Quote:
Get a $10 credit: From October 11-12, Prime members will receive a future $10 promotional credit with the purchase of $50 gift card from top brands, including but not limited to Amazon, Panera, GAP, and Fanatics. Promotional offers and options may vary, while supplies last.
If you want this GC credit, jump on the deal fast as I'm sure Amazon will cut it off fairly early in the sale. Amazon generally sets a dollar limit on how much they're willing to give away.
Old 10-10-2022, 11:12 PM   #37
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
This sale looks to be pretty lame. I don't even know why Amazon is doing it when Black Friday is just a month away. To me, the only deal worthwhile is another gift card promo:
My guess is it's to throw a wrench into the plans of people that sign up for free Prime trials every Prime Day/Black Friday to get the deals. If someone does that now, they'll have to actually pay for a Prime sub in November.

Quote:
If you want this GC credit, jump on the deal fast as I'm sure Amazon will cut it off fairly early in the sale. Amazon generally sets a dollar limit on how much they're willing to give away.
And annoyingly it's always lower for deals for current Prime members than new ones.

I hope the deal lasts until Tuesday afternoon. Hopefully I'll be asleep most of the day, because I feel freaking awful. Seems to be my IBS flaring up in a new and particularly unpleasant way.

Last edited by Manabi; 10-10-2022 at 11:15 PM.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 03:10 AM   #38
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Gift Card Deals -- exp 12 Oct @ 11:59 pm PT -- while supplies last

Gift Card Promo -- buy $50 gift card, get $10 credit
Quote:
Quote:
Add $50 or more: Add a minimum of $50 on a single gift card to your cart from top brands including Amazon, Panera, GAP, Fanatics and more.

Apply code: Enter the promotion code listed on the product detail page at checkout. One per customer, while supplies last.

Get your reward in 2 days: You’ll receive a $10 promotional credit two days after your qualifying Amazon.com or specialty gift card purchase. An email notification will be sent confirming that your promotional credit will be applied at checkout for your next eligible purchase.
Quote:
Amz GC Terms: Receive a $10 promotional credit for a future Amazon.com eligible order when you purchase at least $50 in a single order on Amazon.com by October 12, 2022. In order to qualify for the $10 promotional code, you must (1) be a Prime member (2) not have purchased an Amazon Gift Card in the last 12 months, and (3) purchase at least $50 in Amazon Gift Cards in a single order on Amazon.com beginning 12:00 am (PT) October 11, 2022 and ending 11:59 pm October 12, 2022 (PT) or when supplies have been exhausted, whichever occurs first.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gc1.png
Views:	86
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	197095  

Last edited by tubemonkey; 10-11-2022 at 05:03 PM.
Old 10-11-2022, 03:24 AM   #39
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

There are two Gift Card promos

And I'm not eligible for the $50 GC promo. Probably because I took the $100 Reload promo in Aug.

Them's the breaks.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 10-11-2022 at 03:45 AM.
Old 10-11-2022, 07:18 AM   #40
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
And I'm not eligible for the $50 GC promo. Probably because I took the $100 Reload promo in Aug.
Nor I, and I didn’t take the $100 Reload promo, either.

Some are Primer than others.
Old 10-11-2022, 09:54 AM   #41
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I'm not seeing much to get excited about. Probably just as well given the beating we've taken from inflation this year...
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 10:47 AM   #42
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I'm not eligible for the two gift card offers either, which is annoying as heck. I've always been able to get the Prime Day $50 GC offer in the past. And to add insult to injury, the overpriced slippers I bought just last week are now $10 off! Bah.

If anyone's in the market for a robot vacuum, the Neato D8 has a great price: $230. (I paid $270 for it earlier--on the real Prime Day, I think--and that was a great price.) It looks like it's been price matched at other major retailers as well. I've had Neato vacs for many years; before the current one, I tried a cheaper off-brand but quickly realized it was a waste of money compared to the Neato.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 11:48 AM   #43
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I'm not eligible for the two gift card offers either, which is annoying as heck. I've always been able to get the Prime Day $50 GC offer in the past.
Yep. One way I justified Prime was that the various deals for cash or near-cash equivalents were a significant offset to the cost of Prime. And given that I’m not buying much now anyway and the only real value of Prime to me is the free shipping plus music at Christmas, I’ll have to think hard about whether it’s worth reupping when my anniversary comes around sometime next year. The Black Friday deals will tell the story.

I’ll add that one of the annoying aspects of this is that the gift card deal was promoted to me on the front page. And given that most of the front page is customized to me, can’t they not show me deals for which I’m not eligible? It would be in their own interest, too. Why actively irritate customers?

Last edited by issybird; 10-11-2022 at 11:51 AM.
Old 10-11-2022, 11:56 AM   #44
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I mostly use Prime for the free shipping and for Prime Video.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 01:15 PM   #45
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Amazon Kindle -- limited time

Kindle Unlimited -- 3 months for $0.99 -- $9.99/month after -- YMMV
Quote:
new customers only

By signing up, you agree to the Kindle Unlimited Terms and authorize us to charge your default payment method or another payment method on file after any applicable free trial. Your Kindle Unlimited membership will be billed at $9.99 USD/month + any applicable taxes until cancelled. Cancel anytime at www.amazon.com/kucentral.
Deal Terms and Conditions
Quote:
• Limited Time offer. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
• Does not apply to prior purchases. Offer is non-transferable, may not be resold, and may not be combined with other offers.
• Use of Kindle Unlimited is subject to the Kindle Unlimited Terms of Use
• After the free trial or purchased trial period, you authorize us to charge your primary payment method or another payment method on file $9.99 USD/month + any applicable taxes until you cancel. Cancel anytime by visiting amazon.com/kucentral.
• If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
• Current and past Kindle Unlimited members are not eligible.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 10-12-2022 at 04:04 AM.