Old 10-04-2020, 08:30 AM   #136
MikeN68
MikeN68 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2; Nook Glow
B&N plugin failed

Plugin error

B&N v1.2.15

calibre, version 5.1.0
ERROR: Install plugin failed: A problem occurred while installing this plugin. This plugin will now be uninstalled. Please post the error message in details below into the forum thread for this plugin and restart calibre.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 731, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 472, in add_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 61, in load_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 200, in load
File "site-packages\polyglot\builtins.py", line 123, in reload
File "importlib\__init__.py", line 169, in reload
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 602, in _exec
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 184, in load_module
File "calibre_plugins.barnes_noble.__init__", line 11, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name 'quote' from 'urllib' (C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2\\app\pylib.zip\urllib\__init__.pyc)
MikeN68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 10:05 AM   #137
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
I have ported the B&N mededata plugin to python 3

Version number is 1.2.16

bernie
Should I release this (put it on the first post)?

@MikeN68: you need to update the plugin to the version found on this post.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2020, 10:39 AM   #138
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Should I release this (put it on the first post)?

@MikeN68: you need to update the plugin to the version found on this post.
It works with version 4 and 5 of calibre. I would say release it.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 12:46 AM   #139
LostOnTheLine
Connoisseur
LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (PW1|PW3|PW4), Kindle Voyage
This plugin leaves a bad link in the IDs.
Simple fix

in the "__init__.py" file change

BROWSE_URL = 'http://www.barnesandnoble.com'

to

BROWSE_URL = 'http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w'

I don't think it will mess anything else up but no guarantees as I use the IDs almost solely for the links as my books already have their metadata & anything I'm changing I'm doing manually
LostOnTheLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 10:37 AM   #140
razorsoup
Enthusiast
razorsoup began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Anyone else having problems with getting metadata from B&N? I'm getting the following results whenever I try.

Code:
****************************** Barnes & Noble (1, 2, 16) ****************************** 
Found 0 results 
Downloading from Barnes & Noble took 0.7885348796844482 
Querying: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/s/9780345379337?EAN=9780345379337
match location: 'https://www.barnesandnoble.com/'
B&N url: 'https://www.barnesandnoble.com/'
Error parsing Barnes & Noble id for url: 'https://www.barnesandnoble.com/'
  File "calibre_plugins.barnes_noble.worker", line 86, in parse_details
  File "calibre_plugins.barnes_noble.worker", line 160, in parse_barnes_noble_id
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'groups'

Aborting search for title
Could not find title/authors/Barnes & Noble id for 'https://www.barnesandnoble.com/'
Barnes & Noble: None Title: None Authors: None
Edit: in the "__init__.py" file changing
Code:
BASE_URL = 'http://search.barnesandnoble.com'
to
Code:
BASE_URL = 'http://www.barnesandnoble.com'
seems to fix the error.

Last edited by razorsoup; 08-11-2021 at 11:26 AM.
razorsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2021, 10:07 PM   #141
razorsoup
Enthusiast

Another bug: If title and author are blank, the plugin doesn't even try using the ISBN to lookup the book. If the title and author have any value at all, the plugin will successfully use the ISBN to lookup the book.
Here's the error I receive with title and author blank
Code:
****************************** Barnes & Noble (1, 2, 16) ****************************** 
Found 0 results 
Downloading from Barnes & Noble took 0.05497002601623535 
Plugin Barnes & Noble failed
  File "calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\identify.py", line 47, in run
  File "calibre_plugins.barnes_noble.__init__", line 137, in identify
  File "calibre\ebooks\unihandecode\__init__.py", line 51, in decode
TypeError: normalize() argument 2 must be str, not None 

********************************************************************************
I fixed it on my end by changing lines 137-138 of the __init__ file to
Code:
            if title:
                title = get_udc().decode(title)
            if authors:
                authors = [get_udc().decode(a) for a in authors]
I'm not sure if that's going to cause any additional errors but it seems to get around this one.

Last edited by razorsoup; 08-11-2021 at 10:14 PM.
Old 08-11-2021, 10:51 PM   #142
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorsoup View Post
Another bug: If title and author are blank, the plugin doesn't even try using the ISBN to lookup the book. If the title and author have any value at all, the plugin will successfully use the ISBN to lookup the book.
There is no one maintaining the plugin. If you have changes that fix problems, post the updated version for others to try. Then we can arrange to release the updated version if there are no problems.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 12:07 AM   #143
razorsoup
Enthusiast

Here's my updated version that fixes the two errors I found. Hopefully my changes don't introduce any other errors.

I'm not happy with what the plugin grabs as the ID from B&N but I haven't touched that because it's not a huge issue and changing that will introduce issues with any books that have the current ID type. Also, I'm not a programmer so I'm reluctant to change too much without knowing for certain what that will affect.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Barnes & Noble.zip (39.7 KB, 218 views)
Old 09-09-2022, 01:11 PM   #144
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
v1.3.0 Released

Changes in this release:
  • New: Add translation support for config screen.
  • New: Chinese, Spanish, French, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Polish, Ukranian translations - thanks to everyone!!!
  • Update: Remove TOC append option from configuration as not supported by plugin any more.
  • Fix: Updated for latest website pages.
  • Fix: Support for calibre 6/Qt6.

This plugin hadn't been "officially" updated in a while and was in a bit of a broken state, hopefully this should get it running properly again. Or at least it did for the books I tested it with...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 08:12 AM   #145
tweebee
Enthusiast
tweebee doesn't littertweebee doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Kindle Paperwhite 3
Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Changes in this release:
  • New: Add translation support for config screen.
  • New: Chinese, Spanish, French, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Polish, Ukranian translations - thanks to everyone!!!
  • Update: Remove TOC append option from configuration as not supported by plugin any more.
  • Fix: Updated for latest website pages.
  • Fix: Support for calibre 6/Qt6.

This plugin hadn't been "officially" updated in a while and was in a bit of a broken state, hopefully this should get it running properly again. Or at least it did for the books I tested it with...
tweebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 11:01 AM   #146
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Barnes & Noble v1.4.0 Released

Release Notes:
https://github.com/kiwidude68/calibr...s_noble-v1.4.0
Old 03-12-2023, 12:52 PM   #147
aragonit
aragonit began at the beginning.

Device: none
The plugin is totally broken

The Barnes & Noble results are always always wrong, unless the books are exclusive to B&N.

I tried adjusting the number of searches, but got following error.

Code:
calibre, version 6.14.0
FEHLER: Unbehandelter Ausnahmefehler: <b>AttributeError</b>:'ConfigWidget' object has no attribute 'toc_checkbox'

calibre 6.14  embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19045-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19045')
Python 3.10.1
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19045', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: de
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (1, 51, 0) && DeDRM (7, 1, 0) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (1, 51, 0) && Amazon.com Multiple Countries (1, 0, 0) && Barnes & Noble (1, 4, 0) && Check Books (0, 1, 5) && Extract ISBN (1, 6, 0) && FictionDB (1, 3, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 10, 7) && Goodreads (1, 7, 3) && Goodreads Sync (1, 16, 2) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (1, 51, 0) && KFX Input (1, 51, 0) && Kindle hi-res covers (0, 5, 0) && LibraryThing Match (0, 2, 1) && Manage Series (1, 5, 0) && Obok DeDRM (7, 1, 0) && Quality Check (1, 13, 3) && QuarantineAndScrub (3, 6, 120) && Search The Internet (1, 10, 0) && WordDumb (3, 29, 0)
  File "calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 777, in _configure_clicked
  File "calibre\customize\__init__.py", line 177, in do_user_config
  File "calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\base.py", line 270, in save_settings
  File "calibre_plugins.barnes_noble.config", line 74, in commit
AttributeError: 'ConfigWidget' object has no attribute 'toc_checkbox'
aragonit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 09:06 PM   #148
kiwidude

Hi aragonit, thanks for posting that issue. Unfortunately my computer is still a few more weeks away from arriving before I can start looking at potentially doing plugin work again, but I will add this to the todo list.
Old 03-20-2023, 05:02 AM   #149
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Misc
@aragonit Just remove the penultimate line from config.py and the plugin will work.

Exactly this:
Code:
new_prefs[KEY_APPEND_TOC] = self.toc_checkbox.checkState() == Qt.Checked

Last edited by BeckyEbook; 04-03-2023 at 06:34 AM. Reason: Attached file deleted. The problem was solved in the official version 1.5.0.
BeckyEbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 09:54 AM   #150
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Unexpected behaviour: Sometimes if I want to selectively pick identifiers, I copy the link from the download window and then use the paste button:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-03-25 10_51_31-Window.png
Views:	45
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	200610

Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-03-25 10_52_37-Window.png
Views:	49
Size:	3.7 KB
ID:	200611

For most identifiers, this gives me the ID. For B&N, it gives me a url:.

If needed for replication, here's the book, searched by author & title. When I added it in the regular way I got barnesnoble:w/death-by-chocolate-sally-berneathy/1101711347.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote